Free Member
Jul 6, 2017
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
CI Mizar Living GTL
Exp
Super Geek
I have a Thetford 145 that works fine on 240V and 12V, however initially it would not light on gas - I used an air hose and blew out a lot of soot from the flue, it then ignited on gas and worked fine for 24 hours straight.
A week later on the next attempt to start it, it took 10 attempts to finally light, another week later it refused to light on gas (I could hear the solenoid and sparker), 30 seconds later the red light came on, cycle and repeat about 10 times and it refused to light. I went to bed defeated with the red LED flashing, however when I got up in the morning the fridge was working on gas!!. I thought nothing of it and a week later I face the same problem - 3 attempts to light and repeated red LED failure, I change the temperature setting from coldest to 2 down from coldest setting and the fridge works, after a while I change the temperature setting to something colder and the red LED shows its ugly face once again.
Last night it took about 4 or 5 attempts to ignite, it was working fine for about 3 hours and then "POW" back to flashing red LED.

Does anyone have a troubleshooting guide for this temperamental issue?, what should I check?, what should I replace?, what should I do?

Thanks and sorry for the long post

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Have you checked the burner jet is clear probably find theres some dirt in there its the most common fault

OP
OP
Evildoody

Evildoody

Free Member
Jul 6, 2017
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
CI Mizar Living GTL
Exp
Super Geek
That was it mate, it had a little surface rust - wire brushed it and blew compressed air through it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back