hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Never being one to stay more than 2 nights on a site or aire.I have now found myself having to stay on a site at Titchfield Hampshire until the first of Sept.Its a long story daughter very ill in hosp.We have been here since May 19th and our loo is very smelly.
We use loo blue and never had a problem before.Is it the fact that we are not moving therefore the chemicals are not working properly.
Or just the heat (no problem when in Spain).
I have checked all the seals and they appear all ok.
Any of you full timers got any tips?
I read on this site somewhere that people use washing powder ?

Hogan
holding his nose in wildest Hampshire

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Hogan...

Very sorry to hear of your daughter....Really hope things work out well for her and you...

The recent hot spell doesn't help at all..

We tend to use the Thetford blue/pink solutions although looking at the greener options now on offer.

I'm sure there'll be someone along soon to offer better advice.

You mention Thetford but don't say whether it's a cassette type or Black Tank.

Regards Steve.

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Never being one to stay more than 2 nights on a site or aire.I have now found myself having to stay on a site at Titchfield Hampshire until the first of Sept.Its a long story daughter very ill in hosp.We have been here since May 19th and our loo is very smelly.
We use loo blue and never had a problem before.Is it the fact that we are not moving therefore the chemicals are not working properly.
Or just the heat (no problem when in Spain).
I have checked all the seals and they appear all ok.
Any of you full timers got any tips?
I read on this site somewhere that people use washing powder ?

Hogan
holding his nose in wildest Hampshire
WOW the smell must be REALLY BAD I have seen this post on 3 forums so far :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I would use some cassette cleaner available in caravan accessory shops, you do need to leave it to soak for a few hours though to get best results.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Having a family of four in our van, this is a problem we had prior to sog fitting.

Prior though, we used to take the casette out each am and give a shake, (gently mind :winky:) just to get its contents moving. With the casette out we always used to give the whole area a spray with an anti bactirial.

worked for us.:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I would use some cassette cleaner available in caravan accessory shops, you do need to leave it to soak for a few hours though to get best results.

We had the smell problem also but found that cassette cleaner worked for us, now tend to use after each longer trip.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Fit a S.O.G. modification and apart from the smell when emptying you will never have a smell again, not even the stink of the chemicals.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back