Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Hi all,

the locker door on our MH, 465mm x 1035mm only has 1 key lock in the bottom middle though has a latch at each bottom corner, one of these is broken and it gives you a start so that you can
Ebay 009.jpg
prise the door open, even if it wasn't broke you only have to push the button in and the corner is slightly open and I'm wondering if I can replace it with a more secure locker frame?, twin lock or even triple lock

Andy

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
You're right, I was concerned about security on my door with only 1 central lock. You can buy the separate corner buttons which have key barrels, but what I have been unable to buy are the concentric springs which fit behind the buttons (they are different to the springs behind the plain buttons). I have reshaped an existing spring with some difficulty, but the only source of the proper spring seems to be if you buy a complete door.

If anybody knows of a source of these springs I would love to find out.

Pete

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Easiest to fit would probably be one of the security locks made by Milenco or Fiamma. Some are fitted by drilling through the wall and some onto the frame, it all depends what is behind the wall. The two different makes are of different patterns so it pays to make up a contour template before buying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Drexxer
Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Thank you for the reply's, It's the striking plate on the fixed part of the frame for the corner button that is broke on our's so when I get 5 minutes I will compare the button striking plate with the key lock plate and come up with a plan,

I know it's never going to be Fort Knox but hopefully a bit better than standard

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back