Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The Thetford website used to hold down-loadable pdf documents showing how to service their toilets and replace broken components.
A recent post by a Funster about fixing the flush switch led me to search for this resource to indicate the path to it. I can no longer find it - has Thetford removed this, or is it just my inability to navigate to the correct page?
Fortunately I have the full set of repair manuals for the C200 and can upload them to the resource section but it would be easier to know where the complete Thetford source for all models is now located if anyone knows.

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I found that path too, but if you look at the documents that are now available under the different toilet models, it is limited to 'User Manual', 'Spare parts list' and 'Installation instructions'. The original set of repair manuals is no longer there.

I have previously downloaded four separate C200 guides: Blade Opener, Blade Fuse, Electric Valve and Flush Switch; and a Thetford Complete Repair Guide. None of these appear now.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I found that path too, but if you look at the documents that are now available under the different toilet models, it is limited to 'User Manual', 'Spare parts list' and 'Installation instructions'. The original set of repair manuals is no longer there.

I have previously downloaded four separate C200 guides: Blade Opener, Blade Fuse, Electric Valve and Flush Switch; and a Thetford Complete Repair Guide. None of these appear now.
Good point. I previously downloaded the guides as well - glad I did. Over the years Thetford have made a number of changes to what they offer on-line. That is why I downloaded the repair guides.

If you Google "Thetford sanitation repair instructions" there are a couple of third party sites to which (presumably) people have loaded copies of the manuals.

A couple of weeks ago we bought a cassette at a car boot sale to keep as a spare. It was fine except that I had to change the automatic vent to the alternative pattern one. The new part came with an instruction sheet so perhaps that is why. I notice that Bradtech are have repair instructions (as included with parts) on their web site. For example, Here.

It seems to be a backward step by Thetford so hopefully they will publish them again in future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thetford do seem to be going out of their way to remove ANY chance of repairing any of their kit.
The help desk simply doesn't ( ring them, mail them even in one case reported VISIT them ) and is quite possible now non-existent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back