Thetford Fridge (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Where do I start with this one lost count of the amount of times it has been at the service agents this time on holiday fault 1 appears I assume that it requires a new sr heater element my question is how easy is it to fit this will be the third one over a 2 year period thanks for any help

Bill:Angry:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have a Thetford N175 fridge/freezer just over 3 years old and the 230v element failed giving the #1 fault reading.

Thetford would not sell me an element and said to take it to an approved dealer. Anyway, as we were in a hurry I called a local "do it on your drive" guy.

The fridge had to be removed, disconnecting power and gas, to get to the element which is then very easy to remove and replace but there are many different elements available which don't all fit and have different ratings:Doh:

I have since found the elements are available from other sources (but probably Chinese copies) so next time I would do it myself.:thumb:

Brian

ps so the long and short of it is that the element is easy to replace but it was quite a struggle to lift the fridge in and out of its housing.

Last edited:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have a Thetford N175 fridge/freezer just over 3 years old and the 230v element failed giving the #1 fault reading.

Thetford would not sell me an element and said to take it to an approved dealer. Anyway, as we were in a hurry I called a local "do it on your drive" guy.

The fridge had to be removed, disconnecting power and gas, to get to the element which is then very easy to remove and replace but there are many different elements available which don't all fit and have different ratings:Doh:

I have since found the elements are available from other sources (but probably Chinese copies) so next time I would do it myself.:thumb:

Brian

ps so the long and short of it is that the element is easy to replace but it was quite a struggle to lift the fridge in and out of its housing.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back