LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Hi anybody ever suffered from a knocking noise from a Thetford N3142 tall slim fridge? ours makes a knocking noise which is really noticeable at night, the noise sounds like a steady water drip for a while and then it stops only to start up again as you start to go to sleep. I have checked for dripping water but non to be found, its like some type of torture at night.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exactly the same, I even measured the noise to make a point to Thetford. We had a brand new fridge fitted 10 days ago and guess what, no difference, still the drip noise.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Could be from the condenser unit? Try turning it down a notch when you go to bed, it mat give you time to fall asleep before it starts again (Turn it back in the morning).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Exactly the same, I even measured the noise to make a point to Thetford. We had a brand new fridge fitted 10 days ago and guess what, no difference, still the drip noise.

Thanks for the info, so if a new fridge made no difference, that seems to rule out the fridge? all the other caravans and motorhomes we have had the fridge was just plonked in with basic sealing round to the habitation area, our Dethleffs has a custom made metal box to affect a good seal I wondered if it was this expanding and contracting or acting as a sound box for a normal operational noise?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back