Thetford fridge N175 not cooling (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2019
Hi All
I posted on here last October about a problem I had with the fridge. After much help from you guys, purchased a new electrical element, got it fitted and all fine again. However ....

New problem today is that the fridge has defrosted. There was a lot of ice at the back of the freezer. Cleared the ice away and put the fridge onto gas as heard that this would give it a boost. The gas seems to be coming through fine and we can hear it ignite but the fridge and the freezer are not getting cold. There are no fault codes on the panel. Just read on another forum to turn it off for half an hour so I’m waiting for the half hour to pass. We are full-timing and in a field at the moment so we need it to work!! Anybody have any similar problems? It’s a N175 so is 2007 quite old! An advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Corrinne

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
So freezer working but not the fridge?

Take the aluminium fins off the fridge and see if the evaporator pipe frosts.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Corrinne
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2019
Neither the fridge nor the freezer working. No fault codes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If the heat source is working but no cooling after say an hour, it's usually buggered. Either lost refrigerant or a system blockage. Did you notice any smells? The refrigerant stinks ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
could be the sensor on the cooling fins has failed or fallen off

OP
OP
Corrinne
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2019
No smells from fridge. I’ve just turned it back on to see if it will re-set itself after the half hour break.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Corrinne
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2019
Hi all, thank you for your help and advice. By way of an update, the freezer section of the fridge freezer had a fair build up of ice at the back. I think the fridge/freezer went into defrost mode because of the ice. Once I had cleaned the ice and excess water from the freezer section, the whole thing looked like it was working ok but it was not getting cold. I read that the fridge/freezer should be shut off and left for about 30 minutes to reset it. I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. However, off we went to borrow a fridge and we were away for about 2 hours. On our return, it seems our Thetford is limping slowly back to life and is now getting chilly! Keeping our fingers crossed that it will now be okay and a lesson for me to keep an eye on the freezer ice build-up.

Thank you all for your help, regards, Corrinne

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back