Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Went over to Thetford forest High Lodge Forest Centre today which is run by the Forestry Commission mainly to have a quick look and pick up some info.The parking cost is £1.90 per hour, which I believe is really expensive and to top that there was no info available apart from a few walks from the Centre. This makes me realise how well other organizations such as NT are run.Very disappointed.

EJB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Suffolk (by choice)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1+
High Lodge plus many forestry sites are undergoing some drastic changes at the moment. Mainly due to reductions in staff!
There was a limit on the parking cost....ie £7.00(?) a day.
The Cafe and shop, which were very pleasant, are up for tender to an outside party I understand. I presume it wasn't open on your visit?
There are quite a few facilities,bikes/high wire etc.
However, as I said the basic forestry amenities are under pressure.

I have no connection with the forestry apart from being close neighbours:winky:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You should have gone to Brandon Country carpark, it's much cheaper!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Should have popped in here ( about 5 miles from where you was ) ! Free parking, would have made a nice cuppa for you and we could have put the world to rights ! :thumb:::bigsmile:

Globalempire

Free Member
May 7, 2011
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Went over to Thetford forest High Lodge Forest Centre today which is run by the Forestry Commission mainly to have a quick look and pick up some info.The parking cost is £1.90 per hour, which I believe is really expensive and to top that there was no info available apart from a few walks from the Centre. This makes me realise how well other organizations such as NT are run.Very disappointed.

Quite agree about the cost of the car park. Not even as if they have spent a lot of money providing a tarmac surface, you are just on the grass under the trees. Its the same old story - nowhere else to park so you are forced to pay up.

Paul

EJB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Suffolk (by choice)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1+
As for Brandon Country Park it too is up to which ever organisation will take it on:Sad:

A comment from our local website:-
"Come on the Town Council and Forest Heath DC -lets see what you can do now and put some effort into this. Stop backbiting and please DEAL WITH IT!Keep OUR country park open".

It's a sad life:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back