Thetford Cassette toilet not flushing (1 Viewer)

Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
I'm not sure which exact model it is but it does not appear to have a seperate flush tank. it has worked intermitantly for some time, worked first 3 days of a recent trip. MH is 1999 so could be quite old.

3 amp fuse in cassette compartment is good. not sure it level light works as never had a full tank yet!

I guess also that it has a solenoid valve some where that allows the water from the main tank to be used for flushing??

Any ideas on the location of the valve and location ??

maybe I have got it all wrong and its something else ?

Many thanks in advance for any info

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Is it a bench type toilet ? If so, take the cassette out and look on the underside of the toilet for any loose or broken wires. You should also see a fuse.

My flush, direct from the water pump failed. Found a broken wire under the toilet near the fuse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
if I had a cassette I would use a pistol grip water bottle with soapy liquid to flush, minimise the water used :)(y) possibly more efficient as well

failing might be doing you a favour

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Need more info.

Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
I'm in this situation too, but had to do a trip before I could finish checking stuff. The first thing I tried was the pump, under the loo roll holder. It was completely bunged up with black jelly like gunge, the tank as well. That would be the first thing I would check. It will rinse out - Especially as the fuse is ok. I've not found mine yet!

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
Having checked and found the model is a C-200CS W, i can confirm the water is fed by the main water pipe into the unit and is joined to a flexible plastic pipe into the Bowl assembly to a solenoid valve of some sorts and then from there to the toilet flush pipe, I'm guessing the valve is US.

looks like I will have to remove the bowl assembly to be able to replace it.

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
I'm in this situation too, but had to do a trip before I could finish checking stuff. The first thing I tried was the pump, under the loo roll holder. It was completely bunged up with black jelly like gunge, the tank as well. That would be the first thing I would check. It will rinse out - Especially as the fuse is ok. I've not found mine yet!

no pump on mine

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
Is it a bench type toilet ? If so, take the cassette out and look on the underside of the toilet for any loose or broken wires. You should also see a fuse.

My flush, direct from the water pump failed. Found a broken wire under the toilet near the fuse.

Not a bench type

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
if I had a cassette I would use a pistol grip water bottle with soapy liquid to flush, minimise the water used :)(y) possibly more efficient as well

failing might be doing you a favour

we have a spray bottle of the pink fluid into the bowl before use so it only reequires a very short flush. thanks for the tip tho.

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
Now sorted,

I traced the wire back to the PCB under the sink area, one wire had been cut and spliced into another wire, looks like several repairs have been done there.

In the end to make life easier and having no proper wiring diagram to work too I have now extended the cable that feeds the cassette compartment by a couple of feet and connected it to the supply cables to the water pump. the feed to the pump is fused and switched so the solenoid for flush which I have assumed to be normally closed will only be used when the water pump is on. the solenoid is further protected by a lower amperage fuse so well safe. Toilet flush now works faultlessly but despite this the full LED does not work, this is possibly due to the wires being swapped pos to neg as the solenoid will work either way but the LED will need wiring the correct way, easily achieved tomorrow by swapping the wires over and testing the switch with a magnet..

now on to reinstalling the oven...

then I am going to trade it in !!!

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
swapped the wires over and hey presto the high level lamp now works :)

Partly rebuilt the oven cabinet with a sturdy shelf and a spacer at the back so it will sit level shen screwed then found out the reason that it was fitted on a slope, when fitted square the 90 degree fitting for the supply id hard against the wall !!! now need some 25 x 15mm wood to make a surround to space it out for clearance.

1 step forward 2 back...

OP
OP
sam496
Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
Or even pass a magnet over the reed switch

I did (magnet) it worked then checked float in tank and filled and lamp still worked.. it was a reversal of polarity that stopped it working see further up the thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back