Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi
When I carry the said cassette ie turn It to the vertical, I get a leak coming from the blade activation knob ( yellow knob)
I have looked at the thetford website but there doesn't seem to be any info on a seal or anything around the knob.
Does anyone know a solution?
Thanks
Coops

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Light spray with silicon.... and work it a few times... :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
You’re gonna have to get down and dirty I’m afraid :Smile: Mine was doing the same so I stripped it out last week, I posted on here about it.
There is a small lip seal under the knob and in my case it had gone hard due to a build up of a brown limescale type substance :Eeek: I just took it apart, cleaned it off, applied a smear of silicon grease, popped it back in and it was fine.
Thetford don’t sell the seal, you have to buy the complete knob assembly ( £10 approx ) but in any case, you have to get your hand inside the cassette to unclip the knob so, in for a penny.....
There is a good pictorial on Thetford’s website. Our van is 9 years old and I don’t imagine the cassette had been overhauled previously.
Graeme.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You’re gonna have to get down and dirty I’m afraid :Smile: Mine was doing the same so I stripped it out last week, I posted on here about it.
There is a small lip seal under the knob and in my case it had gone hard due to a build up of a brown limescale type substance :Eeek: I just took it apart, cleaned it off, applied a smear of silicon grease, popped it back in and it was fine.
Thetford don’t sell the seal, you have to buy the complete knob assembly ( £10 approx ) but in any case, you have to get your hand inside the cassette to unclip the knob so, in for a penny.....
There is a good pictorial on Thetford’s website. Our van is 9 years old and I don’t imagine the cassette had been overhauled previously.
Graeme.

Er, did the Channel No 5 strength xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxL work on you then??:winky:

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Graeme.

Thanks for that I think I need to do the same, I can't figure out how to unclip the knob and can't find the diagram on thetford website, any clues
Cheers
Coops

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Did the same on mine. There are 2 plastic lugs inside that hold it all together.
Also had the vent leaking, so stripped it out and fitted a screw through the middle and its now perfect.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Can't find the schematic at the moment, but if you check out this Youtube video, you will see the white clip on the underside of the blade knob. Just press the two lugs together and the clip will drop away, leaving you to pull the knob out.
I'll search for the pictorial when I get back in.[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdEGqJrcN8"]More caravanning toilet tips - YouTube[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back