lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can't see what all the fuss is about, I've emptied ours virtually everyday for the last seven years, still wind up the Mrs saying I know which ones are hers, as for cleaning the cassette thetford recommend 4 oz of bicarbonate of soda and fill with warm water and leave overnight, I'm sure the vinegar works but isn't it corrosive for the small metal parts in the mechanism? and bleach if used to often or to strong can make the plastic brittle

Now I have mine like new I will be doing this to keep it that way. Used to do similar with our last one and never any problems.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dave,
Whistle whilst you do it. Whistling is mostly breathing out.:thumb:

My grandaughter's eyes were once watering, but from laughing.
I took the cassette out to go empty it.
When I caught her eye, I gave it a bloody good shake,
She asked " why do you do that, grandad?"
I answered "to snap 'em up."
She collapsed laughing.
I had to put it back in so she could use it quickly before she pee'd herself laughing.:ROFLMAO:

My son thinks I am completely bonkers, tears actually rolling down my cheeks. :ROFLMAO:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We use the line the bowl with the blue paper on a roll like kitchen roll , take a dump and when you open the trap it wraps it up nice and neat::bigsmile:
Yuk, we give the loo a quick pump of water then sit and sh*t because the water stops all skid marks.

I can`t eat my breakfast now:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
If one could pre-determine the output using the Bristol Chart then one could then make the necessary adjustments prior to delivery. For example, if one was firing Type 1 then little or no preparation should be needed (just a loud song or whistle to drown out the rattling). Type 4 may require additional aids to ensure that the whole python reaches it's nest successfully. Unfortunately, this natural and basic function is always an opportunity for Mother Nature to surprise (unless, of course, you had a large vindaloo the night before, then the results will be entirely predictable).

Link Removed

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If one could pre-determine the output using the Bristol Chart then one could then make the necessary adjustments prior to delivery. For example, if one was firing Type 1 then little or no preparation should be needed (just a loud song or whistle to drown out the rattling). Type 4 may require additional aids to ensure that the whole python reaches it's nest successfully. Unfortunately, this natural and basic function is always an opportunity for Mother Nature to surprise (unless, of course, you had a large vindaloo the night before, then the results will be entirely predictable).

Link Removed

On special offer at Tesco, BOGOFF :thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now

Link Removed
I usually sit down at tea breaks to use this pc, half eaten ham sandwich here now if any one wants one.
What will go down better now --tea or coffee:Eeek:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Where do you put them??? :Eeek:

Wyn

Well according to Munchie, you buy a bag or ice (the frozen kind) empty it into the Thetford cassette and drive, the chuncks of ice will clean the inside . Thats what he said and if it buggers up your Thunder Box, blame him... Sounded like a good idea at the time...

If at a later he offers you a glass of coke with ice, be aware,,,!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have a sog fitted so slightly different.. Open flap, place a couple of sheets across hole, poop, wipe, flush .. job done

As we often travel for a days at a time and often have difficulty finding a suitable place to empty, this method is great for us.. We use virtually no water and it only needs emptying every two day max ( sometimes three days )

As for cleaning, I am fairly anal ( suitably ! :ROFLMAO: ) about it and often feel a bit guilty if others are waiting to use the elsan point.. It may take 5 or 6 sluice arounds before I am happy..
How do I test if it is clean enough for me ?

Open the top hole and have a good sniff of course !!

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
If this is what's going on at Thetford, don't expect me tomorrow, you disgusting pigs. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A hole in the ground used to be the norm here in Norfolk..

Now we have luxury toilets.. we dig a hole indoors ! :thumb: :ROFLMAO:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Link Removed

I have a tshirt with the Bristol Stool scale on it, a present from a nursing friend. I have never had the nerve to wear it though!!! My husband is so anal about number 2's in the motorhome. ( pun completely intended ) that when the porta loos were taken away early at a motocross meeting, he resorted to a shovel and a roll of loo paper. I will let you all guess the rest of the story. :ROFLMAO:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hesitated posting my 'method' in this thread as I'm supposed to be a rufty-tufty full-timer and therefore am expected to use the onboard toilet for all productions. However I opt for the 'bag it and bin it' method for Richards. NB This method is suitable for all types featured on the Bristol Stool Chart.

1. Line toilet bowl with pedal bin liner held in place under the seat.

2. Produce.

3. Admire production (optional).

4. Lift seat, twist bin liner and tie knot in top.

5. Place in dog waste bin. (This is less likely to be commented on if you do actually have a dog. :winky: )

Bio washing liquid copes admirably with the pee and flush-water cocktail that is allowed into the cassette. :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with the bristol type 4 stool, you need to have your hand on the shutter handle so you can "chop" it into more managable pieces to avoid blocking the outlet elbow! do this whilst seated and mid production :ROFLMAO:

as for normal use.... open shutter download the package then wipe.... then stand up and hose it down with the trouser snake. this helps break it down much like a drain jetting lance :ROFLMAO:

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
with the bristol type 4 stool, you need to have your hand on the shutter handle so you can "chop" it into more managable pieces to avoid blocking the outlet elbow! do this whilst seated and mid production :ROFLMAO:

as for normal use.... open shutter download the package then wipe.... then stand up and hose it down with the trouser snake. this helps break it down much like a drain jetting lance :ROFLMAO:

Although the Bristol Type 4 stool can be problematical, its consistency makes it, by far, the best choice for making shapes!

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Hesitated posting my 'method' in this thread as I'm supposed to be a rufty-tufty full-timer and therefore am expected to use the onboard toilet for all productions. However I opt for the 'bag it and bin it' method for Richards. NB This method is suitable for all types featured on the Bristol Stool Chart.

1. Line toilet bowl with pedal bin liner held in place under the seat.

2. Produce.

3. Admire production (optional).

4. Lift seat, twist bin liner and tie knot in top.

5. Place in dog waste bin. (This is less likely to be commented on if you do actually have a dog. :winky: )

Bio washing liquid copes admirably with the pee and flush-water cocktail that is allowed into the cassette. :Smile:

As i read this i was thinking this could be my answer :RollEyes: and then had an after thought. I can never seem to do number 2s without doing number1s so it could get a bit messy and i dont think it would look like doggy do bag.:Blush:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a tshirt with the Bristol Stool scale on it, a present from a nursing friend. I have never had the nerve to wear it though!!! My husband is so anal about number 2's in the motorhome. ( pun completely intended ) that when the porta loos were taken away early at a motocross meeting,[HI] he resorted to a shovel and a roll of loo paper[/HI]. I will let you all guess the rest of the story. :ROFLMAO:

What ? He beat the sh!t out of himself a shovel !!! Jeez louis that is a bit extreme !!!

I spose the paper was to wrap the shovel in to take the sting out of the wack ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back