Thetford C400 water fill funnel part number 3231506 (1 Viewer)

autosleepers

Free Member
Dec 3, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Hi ,

Looking for a bit of advice, I purchased a second hand motorhome earlier this year. For whatever reason the filler funnel for the Thetford toilet was missing. Only discovered this on the day we were about to set of to Europe for a couple of months.

I have managed to purchase one via a motorhome company in Spain. They ordered the part from the local Thetford dealer. I have fitted the funnel without problem but because the toilet is fitted in such a way that it is recessed by about 6" from the cassette access door,when I swing the filler funnel out it is still inside the recess making access to fill with anything (watering can hose etc,) a bit of a problem.

My question; Is the actual filler funnel telescopic? I know it swings in the vertical plane and the filler end rotates in the horizontal plane, I have tried pulling gently to see if it extends but it doesn't move, is it supposed?

Thanks

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Haven't got that model but looking at images it might extend.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Don't know if this helps with what you have, there's mention of an extension but this only looks like a filling aid, see pictures....
image.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
The pictures above are to fill the flush tank. Is it the flush you need to fill or are you trying to fill the waste holding tank whilst still inside the unit?

OP
OP
A

autosleepers

Free Member
Dec 3, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Hi,

thanks for the pics. It is the flush tank that I am referring too.

In A above when I swing the funnel out because the toilet is recessed as described in my original post the funnel is still inside the van toilet cassette cupboard making access to pour any fluid impossible hence my question about it being telescopic.
However (although I have not had the opportunity to try yet as there is no water where the van is currently parked) filling with a hose should be possible.

I'm not sure whether the funnel accessory will help, it might just extend beyond the opening if the tube isn't designed to be telescopic then I will give it a try.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
It would certainly seem that they may have sent or ordered the wrong part for you and you have got a filler that is from a flush tank that is at the edge of the cupboard. Unfortunately, the only set up that I have seen is exactly the same as pic A where the flush tank is at the edge of the cupboard and not recessed as far in as yours.
Any chance you can google for your particular toilet set up for the handbook?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

autosleepers

Free Member
Dec 3, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
The Motorhome is a Burstner IXEO 585 so I think I'll post a question on the Burstner forum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back