Thetford C250 Cassette Sliding Cover (1 Viewer)

John Kennedy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Has anyone had problems with the sliding cover on the Thetford C250 cassette coming free when emptying the cassette. I have lost two of them down into the disposal tank on sites. They are not expensive to buy but i was just wondering if anyone has come up with a way of preventing these covers sliding off ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    143.5 KB · Views: 19
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
As Vanderek reply, I slide mine off, open the blade, remove cap, put in safe place and pour away. No blowback, keep nozzle pointing downwards and just direct flushing hose into blade aperture until water runs clean.

Barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Strange.. never had issues or even thought about this
Is the rubber seal at top of cassette worn.. it should protrude slightly above body of cassette which then clicks onto a VERY VERY small ridge under slide flap.
You should feel it click in

Edit sorry checked photo and it is different to mine but might be same principle😁

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
As Vanderek reply, I slide mine off, open the blade, remove cap, put in safe place and pour away. No blowback, keep nozzle pointing downwards and just direct flushing hose into blade aperture until water runs clean.

Barry

Why open the blade?

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
There is a clip on the underside of the toilet that opens the cover when the cassette is pushed in and also pulls the cover back over the flap hole and clicks in place so it should not slide off without some resistance.
They supply a new clip with every fresh up kit
image.jpg

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Why open the blade?
If you open the blade, you don't have to hold down the pressure relief button. Allows unlimited air into the cassette and the black waste flows better in my experience and, as said, the water from the rinsing hose can be directed into the cassette not down the spout.

Barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back