Thetford c200 toilet bowl removal? (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Hi all , anyone know how to remove the bowl? I have a leak in the flush pipe somewhere under the bowl !!

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Don't believe that you can, you remove the whole thing by undoing screws on the outside when you open the door. It should be sealed to the wall so may appear stuck even with the screws out.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I've done it when my valve thingy needed replacing. You need to be double jointed on get your head inside the cassette housing. !!!

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Just found this , might help someone else

I did it unaided.....:gum:
Might be a good idea to buy the valve before your start.
s-l1000.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
seanoo
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Ok , repaired it today. Took off the bowl and then checked all the flush pipework. One of the joints in the plastic pipe was weeping , not surprised really as there are no jubilee clips on 3 of the joints , just pushed over the spigot!!! Rang thetford and this is normal. Went to euro car parts and got the relevant hose clips , £5 for a box of 10. Put them on the 3 joints that didn't have them and tested, all good . Fiddly job and missing a bit of skin here and there trying to get the vacuum breaker back into position but glad it's done.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
@seanoo - just thought you like to know this did help me! We developed a leak whereby the top of the cassette would have water in the handle recess. It appears to have been dripping from the valve connector - used video to dismantle - must admit it would have been easier if the loo was on the bench like his was - particularly as our door is inside the van at floor level!
I couldn't get sound apart from a burst in the middle - but it may also help anyone who follows in our footsteps to know that the 3 clips that hold the bowl in can be accessed easier if you gently turn the bowl as they move round with it.(handy if they are above pipework/flap mechanism).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Les Bell

Free Member
Jul 17, 2018
Funster No
Hi seanoo - wow, finding the video you posted on the removal of the bowl was a godsend.

What I had was a significant leak from the blue hose just at the point where the coupling that threads onto the electric valve assembly was clamped onto the end of the blue hose. Water pressure obviously blew a hole through the hose just before the clamp that holds the coupling on the hose. I'll definitely be using a water pressure reducer going forward, although at the time this occurred, I was using the onboard water pump.

The solution was to cut an inch off the hose and re-clamp it back onto the coupling. The problem is that the same issue occurred at the other end of the blue hose, which clamps onto the water supply. It's almost as if the blue hose is creating resistance where these clamps are located, causing the hose to simply blow. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking I may have to replace the entire blue hose!

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks to this thread I can now add dismantling thetford toilet to my repertoire (y). Pump started pulsing yesterday evening,checked everything inside the van then outside,found water in the cassette compartment :Eeek:
For some reason the coupling on the electric valve had started leaking :mad:. So this morning dismantled toilet so you could get at it,undid coupling,turned washer round and put it all back together,seems to be OK now (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
much the same as working on an engine, if the pipe is perished and or leaking, I would advise replacing it. It only costs a quid or so and saves having to strip it down again later, especially when away using the van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
just looking
You must first disconnect the water pump before removing the toilet. This is to prevent water from spilling and making a mess on the floor.

Lift the plastic lid that covers the bolts at the bottom of your toilet. This lid secures the toilet to the floor of your RV. Once lifted, properly unfasten the screws. Use a towel to ensure that no water is leaking into the RV.

Unfasten all bolts, including those extending all the way to the bottom of the toilet. If you notice some rusted screws, apply lubricant to them and try to loosen them after a few minutes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back