Thetford C200 Holding Tank aka Cassette. (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2008
Garstang, Lancashire, UK.
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
Well not a good way to start the day but here goes.
My holding tank on the C200 Thetford dump station has decided that it really wants to stay put. I tried and tried and tried without much success to remove it gently to no avail. Anyroadup, I gave it a coat of looking at, cursed and cursed and eventually got the thing out. Happy days.
Went to the emptying point and all went well. Now this is what really got me thinking there's something not quite right. Like we do, some rinse the thing out by running water into the spout. Others, like myself, pull the slide thingy back and open the blade and off we go splashing water all over. My slider had to be assisted with a screwdriver to slide it to the open position.
With me?
I then close the blade and slide the slider back into it's position with matching arrows side by side.
Back to the motorhome thinking all is well but no, I just couldn't get the cassette into it's place all due I think to the slider thingy not wanting to slide back as it does when replacing the cassette under the bowl.
Am I missing something?
HELP.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
On mine, the slider moves easily, so this could possibly be your problem. Also, are you sure the blade is fully closed when you took the cassette out? I had a problem removing the cassette a few weeks ago, I had to open then close the blade then it was ok.
You could try leaving the cover off and trying to slide the cassette back in. If it goes in easily, you may have your answer.

OP
OP
DavidMarsh
Apr 7, 2008
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
Ah, tried checking the blade action and making sure it was closed. When the cassette is out of the motorhome, after a fight, even then thats when I need to lift the front lip of the slider. I've just spent the last forty five minutes messing about with it. Must be the newness wearing off!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidMarsh
Apr 7, 2008
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
Hi Stephen.
Nah, it must be the cleanest holding tank ever! Even after the usual Coca Cola treatment of the inside of the tank the outer surfaces and anything attached is now gleaming with WD40. No Grit and no other stuff either.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The blade opening device on the cassette has to line up with the blade lever in the housing. If either bit has got out of position or jammed the cassette will not come out or go back properly.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
If WD40 has been on the seals it has probably not done them any good (understatement), they could have expanded. As JJ says Silicon is the thing to use.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just a thought ,was the actual toilet slider fully closed before trying to remove cassette? If it wasn't I suspect there lies the problem and damage has resulted by forcing the cassette out ..

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have a loose fitting plastic panel about 4 x 6 inches that needs to be sitting correctly on the floor of the compartment before I slide in the cassette. Sometimes this does get out of place and prevents me sliding the cassette back in place. Mine is a SOG toilet and I dont know if it anything to do with the SOG.

I have never had to force the slider on the top of the cassette open, that sounds odd.

OP
OP
DavidMarsh
Apr 7, 2008
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
If WD40 has been on the seals it has probably not done them any good (understatement), they could have expanded. As JJ says Silicon is the thing to use.
I do use silicon on the seal, the WD40 was used to clean in general.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Have you tried removing the sliding flap and then trying to push the cassette in, the flap's not needed for the toilet to function.

OP
OP
DavidMarsh
Apr 7, 2008
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
Have you tried removing the sliding flap and then trying to push the cassette in, the flap's not needed for the toilet to function.
Oh yes. It's a bit late in the day so I'm thinking I'll take the whole thing out tomorrow, strip it down and see what happens.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back