Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This MH has been standing idle for an unknown amount of time due to last owners ill health.
Our friends have filled the bowl and now cannot open the blade. I would imagine it is stuck due to lack of use and not being lubricated.
We may have to ladle out the contents I suppose :eek: but suggestions please for loosening the blade
Thanks

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
@Riverbankannie - what method did you use. Have I missed the solution ?
Pressure was applied to the blade by fingers!
It must have made a small gap as the liquid drained into the cassette but we still couldn’t open the blade in situ.

However we were able to remove the cassette without a flood and then I applied some Thetford bowl cleaner which I had in my van and used a small dish brush to scrub the blade and the seal around and then we were able to move the blade using the direct knob on the top of the cassette. Unfortunately I keep my can of Thetford silicone spray at home as I only apply it on the post trip clean up.

A cleaning inside and out was aided by the very good CAMC site chemical disposal point.
It does require a more industrial cleaning of the dried on deposits though.

However, once replaced in the toilet, the blade could now be easily moved with the plastic lever inside the washroom.

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Pressure was applied to the blade by fingers!
It must have made a small gap as the liquid drained into the cassette but we still couldn’t open the blade in situ.

However we were able to remove the cassette without a flood and then I applied some Thetford bowl cleaner which I had in my van and used a small dish brush to scrub the blade and the seal around and then we were able to move the blade using the direct knob on the top of the cassette. Unfortunately I keep my can of Thetford silicone spray at home as I only apply it on the post trip clean up.

A cleaning inside and out was aided by the very good CAMC site chemical disposal point.
It does require a more industrial cleaning of the dried on deposits though.

However, once replaced in the toilet, the blade could now be easily moved with the plastic lever inside the washroom.
You are a saint Annie! None of my friends would help like that.

Upvote 0

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
:drunk::drunk:
poo is only part digested food. people are so squeamish about it, but you happily wipe your own bum daily when its fresh and warm

Ha Ha, that is because it is still warm, when it’s cold, well it ain’t warm is it:blusher:.

mmmm I suppose ide better bog off for now:drunk:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back