Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Haha!
Not sure if it makes you faster or not but did you know that you stick your tongue out when you’re ‘on it’ on the peds! :giggler:

Great to meet you BTW and thanks for the whisky.

Ian

:rofl:

Thats just for visual effects for the cheering crowds :)

Good to meet you also, next time we meet ill appologise :D

You're welcome (y)

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks John and all your helpers for the great Thetford Bash and good to meet everyone new and old friends

Reactions: Ven
Jun 30, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
March 16
Wow, that's a great total raised for such a good cause...thanks again to John & his band of helpers for a great weekend, really enjoyed the ped racing.....look forward to next year's Bash!!
Ang & Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I can only reiterate what everyone else has said, we had a great first Thetford meet.

A big thank you to John and all his fabulous helpers who made it run so smoothly and to the Rugby club for looking after/ putting up with us.

What a fun way to raise money for a good cause, We were glad to contribute while restocking our drinks cabinet ;)

Thanks again x

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Another brilliant Bash! Many thanks must go to Jaws and his team, not forgetting the Marshalls, the Bacon Buttiers, the entertainment committee, the Auctioneer and all the other "behind the scenes" members who contributed to make this meet so enjoyable. Lovely to meet up with funsters and meet a few new faces.

Until next year ……………..

Alb & Elaine :D

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Another great weekend.(y)
Well worth the long trek over from darkest black country. Great fund raising and a big thank you to Jaws and everyone else that made it a success.
Left this morning, stop off for the kids to have a McDonalds brekkie and then home to dump them so Irene and me can have an adults only weekend up at Newark.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A superb result from an enjoyable weekend. (n)
Could not have done done it without you and every ones help mate !

Looks like the cheque to Air Ambulance will be paid to them in about two weeks ( got to go to Colchester then and can call in to Ipswich to hand it over )

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That's maybe true, but it's your idea, your organisation, your Peds,and primarily you and your lovely family's effort.

Take some well earned credit my friend. :sun:

Proud to be alongside you in Fun. :hugs:
Really appreciate the kind words Robin .... Thank you..

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
A big hearted thank you to everyone who made the last 6 days so enjoyable. Our friends Darren, Caroline and the children were overwhelmed by the kindness and warm welcome they were given. Little Sophie is already missing Lucy (Tonka) and thrilled to bits with her Kanga (Graham she was over the moon many many thanks). Great to see so many funsters new and old giving to such a great cause as air ambulance.

Norfolk radio even mentioned Motorhomefun and air ambulance this morning. Home safe

John Maureen and family - an amazing job as usual and so much money raised this year

To the marshals thanks as always for your hard work and to the adults that joined in with the rounders :) great job.

See you next year if not before safe journeys everyone :)

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Brilliant weekend again, and very generous Funsters for there contributions,
big thanks to @Jaws @meanders for the time and trouble taken to sort it all out,
see you next year,

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Hard to beat the previous lovely comments for Jaws and his crew. For me, this is a wonderfully stress free and laid back weekend. We’ve only been in the club for eighteen months ourselves but this rally is one of the best without doubt.
A fantastic effort by all who are doing the prep and work through the weekend! As others have said, we’ve met old and new friends this week and that is so important to us.
Thanks to everyone for donating for the auction and to Tony for such a great auctioneer job in palming off all the old tat to fill our van!
Note to self: get some taxis to Thetford organised earlier next year.
Thanks to Mr B and the rest of his “pans people” entourage for providing me with 12 months of blackmailing opportunity until the next time we meet for further tomfoolery.

A special time.

Thanks

MG&P

(Apologies for the pups behaviour - he’s barking)

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Another great weekend.(y)
Well worth the long trek over from darkest black country. Great fund raising and a big thank you to Jaws and everyone else that made it a success.
Left this morning, stop off for the kids to have a McDonalds brekkie and then home to dump them so Irene and me can have an adults only weekend up at Newark.
We came over from mid Cheshire and will love to do the same again next year - great weekend - thank you!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear what fun. We met some great new friends from pompey. And I must say sorry to all the funsters who got attacked by our new pup. She had a great time as we all did. Many thanks to @Chris for the work he did on my van.And to all who came and made our weekend so much fun. And of course @Jaws

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh dear what fun. We met some great new friends from pompey. And I must say sorry to all the funsters who got attacked by our new pup. She had a great time as we all did. Many thanks to @Chris for the work he did on my van.And to all who came and made our weekend so much fun. And of course @Jaws

How did the journey home go ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
A HUGE thankyou to @Jaws John & Maureen and @meanders Robin & Hillary for such a lovely well run meet again this year. Now looking forward to Thetford Bash 2020 (y)(y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We got home . but had some problems when we hit the a14. it went back to cutting out when we hit heavy traffic. but I got it back to the a43 and stopped in a layby. For about 20mins. then got home with no more problems. So Chris did some good. I am just waiting for a phone call from him. But thanks for asking.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Well another great Bash we met some new friends & got to have fun with real friends.

@Jaws John I have to send you over a £20 donation for an item that Gail passed to us that she bought from the auction, I will sort it at the weekend after I have paid myself. Also John a big thanks you your boy for giving Mandy a lift after her fall, her knee is much better now.

@cruiser Good to know you got home mate thanks for the call.

@Clive Good to see you again mate.

@ourcampersbeentrashed Good to see you & Tony again.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am still sore. And I was a loser, But you wait till next year. LOL;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back