Thetford Bash 2017 (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Thanks @Jaws and the Marshalls for a top bank holiday weekend, Tanya & I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and appreciate the hard work by all.

Hopefully also a good total for the air ambulance.

See you all soon.
Tanya & Mick
Couldn't agree more. Our first rally of any description ever - yes, ever - was great fun
Thanks to all
Cheers
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Had a lovely time at Thetford Bash, the motorbike race was great fun to watch and the ladies who cooked Sunday Roast did a stirling job, well done. Many thanks to @Jaws and all the Marshalls for all their hard work in putting this meet on.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
a few of the bikers having fun (y)(y)

014.JPG
015.JPG
022.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
028.JPG
029.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Great weekend... THANKS to everyone involved..

Glad there is no picture of me as I went into the first bend !! My leg is still bruised and bloody but improving. (y)

Sad to see a few members who actually left the top field and drove straight over the pitch :doh:
Hope that does not ruin our chances of hiring the club next year.. :(

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Scratched my van going up so decided not to scratch other side coming down maybe the club will cut trees back if there's another meet just a thought would you drive your van through trees

Thanks to all for a great weekend

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Great weekend... THANKS to everyone involved..

Glad there is no picture of me as I went into the first bend !! My leg is still bruised and bloody but improving. (y)

Sad to see a few members who actually left the top field and drove straight over the pitch :doh:
Hope that does not ruin our chances of hiring the club next year.. :(

How did they manage to drive over the pitch, they'd have had to go through bushes to get to it surely?

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Great weekend, thanks @Jaws
Also a big thanks to all the marshals and helpers for there stirling work and not forgetting the band and disco.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Scratched my van going up so decided not to scratch other side coming down maybe the club will cut trees back if there's another meet just a thought would you drive your van through trees

Thanks to all for a great weekend

You must have only skirted around the outside of the pitch anyway, unless rugby pitches have got a lot bigger from when I used to play

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Many thanks to all for organising the 'Bash'. Great company and great food, particularly on Sunday. Looking forward to Stratford etc

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Fantastic weekend. Our best rally yet. Finally home and unpacked.
We Left just the four vans after lunch who were doing another night- @Ambilkate, @cruiser and two more (sorry we didnt know your names) have a great night.

Thank you so much to @Jaws the man behind it all,hope lots £££ raised. Thanks to All the marshalls including those who stepped in at the last minute to help out, to all those who provided music and entertainment, to @DuxDeluxe for the mind blowing Pimms and for Catherine's hangover and to the very talented Rob and Mandy for their hospitality and special liquid refreshments.
Thanks to all our lovely neighbours. Looking forward to seeing some of you again at Norfolk.

John, Catherine and Nelson

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there were a few vans drove over the pitch as we were parked behind the goal posts and the track. rather than drive down the track and negotiate the steep gravel slope on the track, they turned left past my car trailer and onto the pitch

What a really fun enjoyable meet though, so well done John @Jaws and thankyou to you and everyone else that made it so successful

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
guilty of running over the pitch, sorry, but driving down from the top area it wasn't obvious that using the track gave an option to come out in front of the club, I did consider driving back and round the right way but that would have been silly

I knew of at least one MH getting damaged coming up that track and wasn't prepared to take the same risk :(

as said ground is rock hard, can't see any harm being done other than making some of us feel bad o_O

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
The ground was rock hard would have cause no more damage than the grass cutter

I don't blame anyone that didn't go down that track to be honest, and as you say the ground was rock hard anyway

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I wish to add my thanks to everyone responsible for the Thetford Bash. Special thanks to John of course.

It was my first, and hopefully not the last, Thetford meet. I even won an Ice Axe at the auction . . .as you do . . !

A note to the DOG OWNERS, and anyone who, like me, was walking around in bare feet. I have just found, and removed, TICKS on Monty dog. Just going to check between my toes now. . .:confused:

Lorraine x

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
How did they manage to drive over the pitch, they'd have had to go through bushes to get to it surely?

No..
On entry to top field you drove up past clubhouse, then there was a left turn with some red barriers and you went around the back of a 5th wheel (david's ?) along the top of the gravel track and onto the field.. Coming back I think people just saw the way that had been walking up and down over the meet, once 1 van went that way another 3-4 that i saw followed the same route and leaving the tracks right in front of the Goal posts ( if thats what they are called in Rugby). Barriers got placed there later to stop further traffic but not before someone in car then drove up in the opposite direction as we placed the barriers.:doh:

The gravel track was really a no go except for cars, to many branches and I understand someone got told to use it and damaged Tv aerial ? Not 100% sure on full story...

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
also like to add to all thats been said, we had a great time, a BIG thank you to john and all is helpers.
And about checking for ticks, yes we have found two on our lab, please check your dogs.
thanks Pat n Paul (landyman)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
as said ground is rock hard, can't see any harm being done other than making some of us feel bad o_O

I think only damage would be that some club official ( who i hear was also driving around) will use it as an excuse to maybe try and stop future meets there.. Fingers crossed they dont...
Not pointing and fingers BUT had to mention it early and sort it, otherwise another 20 plus vans could have followed the same path...

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
what a fabulous weekend it was and lovely to meet up with old friends and make new 'uns..(y)
it was third year lucky, previous two, ill health meant i missed out, so this weekend was all the sweeter for that..
thank you so much all those who worked hard organising and doing to make the meet such a cracking success, and hopefully we'll see you all again next year, if not before..:)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
No..
On entry to top field you drove up past clubhouse, then there was a left turn with some red barriers and you went around the back of a 5th wheel (david's ?) along the top of the gravel track and onto the field.. Coming back I think people just saw the way that had been walking up and down over the meet, once 1 van went that way another 3-4 that i saw followed the same route and leaving the tracks right in front of the Goal posts ( if thats what they are called in Rugby). Barriers got placed there later to stop further traffic but not before someone in car then drove up in the opposite direction as we placed the barriers.:doh:

The gravel track was really a no go except for cars, to many branches and I understand someone got told to use it and damaged Tv aerial ? Not 100% sure on full story...

I was guilty of that on Sunday then Steve, must admit that's the way I came in as well, but I don't think there were any barriers when I arrived, or maybe I need to check my paintwork :)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
also like to add to all thats been said, we had a great time, a BIG thank you to john and all is helpers.
And about checking for ticks, yes we have found two on our lab, please check your dogs.
thanks Pat n Paul (landyman)

Oh dear I best check our 2 black ones then, the chunky one is like a magnet to the bloody things

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I think only damage would be that some club official ( who i hear was also driving around) will use it as an excuse to maybe try and stop future meets there.. Fingers crossed they dont...
Not pointing and fingers BUT had to mention it early and sort it, otherwise another 20 plus vans could have followed the same path...

To be fair the amount of money the clubhouse must've taken over the weekend you'd think they would be daft to turn that down next year wouldn't you, but give someone a title or a clipboard and reason goes out of the window.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
THAT'S IT...

You have all had your yellow cards, you know who you are. ;)

I am now stepping down as shop steward in case no one ever offers me another drink,,,:(

Or someone will tamper with your moped properly :D2.
It's a fair comment mate, I shall know for next year (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back