Thetford 3 way fridge problems (1 Viewer)

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Hopefully this is nothing worse than muppetry on my part.

We last used the van on 22nd July and during that trip and all previous trips the fridge has worked without issue. We plug into the mains at home to chill it down a few days before we set off and load the fridge. We make the ice cubes in the freezer box.

We travelled up to Norfolk on 02/08 and thought the fridge didn’t feel it’s usual chilly self. Although the cabinet (by my feet in bed) is still warm.

We have mains, we have plenty of gas and the leisure battery is full. When set to Auto the fridge chooses mains, I have tried overriding it and setting it to gas, but I can’t hear anything.

The van is level without levellers.

The Sargent contract had the wrong time set, which I have corrected, both gas valves under the settee are on. No fuses are burnt or MCBs tripped.

Can anyone else suggest things to test ?

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
It’s correct that your fridge has selected the mains power supply when you are connected to a 240 volt supply instead of looking for gas or 12 volt. If it won’t work on gas when manually selected are you getting gas through to your cooker? If not visit your gas locker and reset the green buttons if fitted with crash sensors. Motorhome and Caravan fridges sometimes struggle in hot weather and many people spending time in hot countries fit fans to help curulalte the air between the two (in and out vents) fitted to your Motorhome to overcome the problem. Lots of uploads on UTube about this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ymfb

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Gas cooker works fine.

I’m wondering if the latter point is nearer the issue, although it’s a lot cooler today.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Make sure you haven’t got a spiders web or similar over the piezo igniter

OP
OP
ymfb

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Make sure you haven’t got a spiders web or similar over the piezo igniter
That shouldn’t affect the 240 v operation though should it ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ymfb

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
The problem is, it doesn’t work on any source.

Jul 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido 966M
Hopefully this is nothing worse than muppetry on my part.

We last used the van on 22nd July and during that trip and all previous trips the fridge has worked without issue. We plug into the mains at home to chill it down a few days before we set off and load the fridge. We make the ice cubes in the freezer box.

We travelled up to Norfolk on 02/08 and thought the fridge didn’t feel it’s usual chilly self. Although the cabinet (by my feet in bed) is still warm.

We have mains, we have plenty of gas and the leisure battery is full. When set to Auto the fridge chooses mains, I have tried overriding it and setting it to gas, but I can’t hear anything.

The van is level without levellers.

The Sargent contract had the wrong time set, which I have corrected, both gas valves under the settee are on. No fuses are burnt or MCBs tripped.

Can anyone else suggest things to test ?
I am having problems with my Thetford Norcold will not work on the gas , gas is on and full, mains OK when driving Ok any ideas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back