Thetford 260 toilet (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
In our 17 plate V-Line 635 SE, the thetford toilet had a charcoal filter, which sat in a chamber just underneath where the cassette sits, and there was a fan which could be activated by pressing a button on the control panel. It worked very well, and let’s just say made life a bit more bearable whilst well, you know😂😂😂🙈
Anyway, having just picked up our new V-Line, we noticed that although there is still a compartment under the cassette, there is no charcoal filter in it. Then looking at the control panel in the bathroom, there is no button for a fan on the panel. It appears that they no longer fit the fan😡😡
Anyone else recently picked up a new V-Line noticed the same?
Without turning this into a toilet thread, any suggestions/idea, as to whether a fan can be retro fitted?
Wonder why they would stop fitting such a facility, cost cutting?? Seems to be a backwards step.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
It's not the norm for the ventilator fan and filter to be fitted buy the van converter as the kit is not cheap.

Our van was not fitted with one, but I bought the fan/filter kit and fitted it to our loo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We don’t have a separate button for ours. Just a short press activates the fan. But I believe they can be retro fitted if you wish.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Intriuged think I saw a thread recently on this subject.
But what is it and what does it do????

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Alternatively you could fit a SOG a bit more expensive but if you fit the roof vent one no filters required. I've just converted mine to a roof vent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back