Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Internal or external?

Does anyone know of thermal blinds that will fit a Fiat Scudo?

I see that Milenco make "Universal" internal blinds - would these work on a smaller windscreen? Can you adjust where the suckers attach?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
errr dependant on your type traveling from what i have heard I would have both, for sites/rallies with friends the external as they dont seem to cause condensation on the window, for wild camping internal, ok you get some condensation with internal but if you should feel unsafe in an area and want to move quickly you dont have to leave the vehicle to get the screen off the window. Just pull inside screen down as you start the motor wipe screen if needed to see out of and drive away.What sometimes look like nice quiet spots to us in the day/early evening could be the area certain people with evening activities in mind visit

Upvote 0
OP
OP
catspyjamas
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
errr dependant on your type traveling from what i have heard I would have both, for sites/rallies with friends the external as they dont seem to cause condensation on the window, for wild camping internal, ok you get some condensation with internal but if you should feel unsafe in an area and want to move quickly you dont have to leave the vehicle to get the screen off the window. Just pull inside screen down as you start the motor wipe screen if needed to see out of and drive away.What sometimes look like nice quiet spots to us in the day/early evening could be the area certain people with evening activities in mind visit

Thanks for your reply.
I gather from your reply that you think that external are more effective.
Are external blinds nickable or do you have to open the doors to remove them? - My motorhome is normally parked in a fairly public place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
:RollEyes:hi external blinds hook over the two cab doors so you would have to open both doors to remove. internal are secured by suction caps on the inside of the window. hope this helps

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thanks for your reply.
I gather from your reply that you think that external are more effective.
Are external blinds nickable or do you have to open the doors to remove them? - My motorhome is normally parked in a fairly public place.

We have an external "Silver Screen" which has a flap at the front . When you fold this down there is a mesh piece underneath. You can see out , people cant see in.This can also be folded down if you want a clear screen at the front.
Its from Cleckheaton. We picked it up as they arnt far away. A small family business, but they do deliver. Just tell them what cab you have. They make them to fit, perfectly. The fabric is thin and bonded , it doesn't flap about etc. You have to open the doors to put them on and take them off. So you wouldnt be able to pinch them.
There are 3 teenagers 2 adults and 2 border terriers in our Motorhome.
When we use the screen in winter or on an evening , theres no condensation , at all.
When we dont , it runs down the cab windows , like a river::bigsmile:
It also keeps the MH cool in the summer.
If we go out , not wanting to take the dogs. For a meal or shopping or something . We know that we can put this on . close all the habitation blinds , open a roof vent .
Because the MH is fully winterized they will not get over heated, even on the warmest day .
(We tried it with the kids first:ROFLMAO:)

You can pick them up , cheaper , second hand from the company , as they PX them when people change their MH's.
You can also pick them up on ebay.
There are copies around , which are cheaper still too. Though i dont know how they compare , insulation wise.
Bev

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A very valid security point:thumb:
Can you please advise the whereabouts of these sites:winky:::bigsmile:
Geo

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
A very valid security point:thumb:
Can you please advise the whereabouts of these sites:winky:::bigsmile:
Geo

Yes Geo, I thought so seeing as the op is one of our female solo campers.

As to where these places are :Doh: - :Blush: i wouldnt know cos im a nice lady :Smile: and nice ladies dont know these things,(we just hear about them)

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have external blinds but use them inside if we wildcamp. We secure them over the cab doors (in reverse) and use the sun visors to keep the windscreen panel in place. If we need to move in a hurry (which we haven't so far - touch wood) we can just open up the front panel to see out.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have external blinds but use them inside if we wildcamp. We secure them over the cab doors (in reverse) and use the sun visors to keep the windscreen panel in place. If we need to move in a hurry (which we haven't so far - touch wood) we can just open up the front panel to see out.

Never thought of that. Does it stop the condensation on the inside of the glass though ? We get loads in the winter on ours being a full MH , without ours on:Doh:
Bev
Bev

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi we have both, I put the internals on when van is parked on the drive (to stop sun damage) or wilding.We use the external one everywhere else as there is no condensation unlike the internals.I like Jills idea and may well try it out :thumb:personally I would not leave the externals on if leaving the van in a public place ( storage )It would not take much to pull the secured bits from the closed doors cut them off and get bits added :Eeek:
terry
internal = condensation
external = none

Upvote 0
OP
OP
catspyjamas
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
We have an external "Silver Screen" which has a flap at the front . When you fold this down there is a mesh piece underneath. You can see out , people cant see in.This can also be folded down if you want a clear screen at the front.
Its from Cleckheaton. We picked it up as they arnt far away. A small family business, but they do deliver. Just tell them what cab you have. They make them to fit, perfectly. The fabric is thin and bonded , it doesn't flap about etc. You have to open the doors to put them on and take them off. So you wouldnt be able to pinch them.
There are 3 teenagers 2 adults and 2 border terriers in our Motorhome.
When we use the screen in winter or on an evening , theres no condensation , at all.
When we dont , it runs down the cab windows , like a river::bigsmile:
It also keeps the MH cool in the summer.
If we go out , not wanting to take the dogs. For a meal or shopping or something . We know that we can put this on . close all the habitation blinds , open a roof vent .
Because the MH is fully winterized they will not get over heated, even on the warmest day .
(We tried it with the kids first:ROFLMAO:)

You can pick them up , cheaper , second hand from the company , as they PX them when people change their MH's.
You can also pick them up on ebay.
There are copies around , which are cheaper still too. Though i dont know how they compare , insulation wise.
Bev

Thanks for your detailed answer Bev. I shall try and contact the company to see if they can make some externals :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
catspyjamas
Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Hi we have both, I put the internals on when van is parked on the drive (to stop sun damage) or wilding.We use the external one everywhere else as there is no condensation unlike the internals.I like Jills idea and may well try it out :thumb:personally I would not leave the externals on if leaving the van in a public place ( storage )It would not take much to pull the secured bits from the closed doors cut them off and get bits added :Eeek:
terry
internal = condensation
external = none

thanks Terry for the info. I think I've decided on externals now!

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you google Silver screens and Talormade both are equally good :thumb: Taylor-made a little cheaper.The drop down front panel from TM is worth the little extra and referred to as a nosy net :thumb::ROFLMAO:Ours is a TM but have had SS on different van :thumb:
terry

Upvote 0

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
I got a white Fiamma external, second hand for £20. Keeps the sun out, plus protects the screen from flying debris in windy weather. Fits in a flash, and no condensation. As for 'moving in a hurry' - we'd be stuffed anyway, as we are always hooked up!:roflmto:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back