There's always a silver lining.... (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
So, husband and I picked up our new van on Friday without incident. He drove like a pro and seemed very calm and collected in front of me on the drive home. I, on the other hand had to remember how to breathe for a couple of miles, watching him negotiate some vicious s-bends and squeeze past parked vehicles before we made it to the A120/M11. I may have left a few nail marks in the M5's steering wheel. :oops:

Started packing yesterday and husband discovered some enormous underfloor storage spaces, one of which is near the top of the steps. Very handy - just remember to 'put the lid back on' before your other half unsuspectingly walks into the van with bedding up to her chin and steps into said hole! :rolleyes:
Sense of humour test number 1 passed with flying colours (probably cos he didn't see it and laugh).

Inside of van looks stunning. Very pleased with the cream leather/oak effect wood combo. We chose the leather specifically with the kids in mind as it's easier to clean. Didn't expect to put this to the test quite so soon though. Unfortunately husband decided to throw a sleeping bag into the luton bed. It hit the central roof light, bounced on the table and smashed our celebratory glasses of wine and beer. Definitely had a sense of humour wobble at this point, but to be fair it wasn't too hard to rectify (no carpets down, phew!) and he did do most of the clearing up. (y)

So what was the silver lining you ask? Well, after pulling all the seat cushions off to check for broken glass/alcohol residue, we found lots MORE storage under the benches that we didn't know we had! :D

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Started packing yesterday and husband discovered some enormous underfloor storage spaces, one of which is near the top of the steps.

we found lots MORE storage under the benches that we didn't know we had! :D

Sounds great, but also looks like you didn't get a very good hand over from the dealer!!

Enjoy your new toy :)(y)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Sounds as though your van has had a great christening (y)(y)
I'm sure you will get used to driving it :Eeek:

Enjoy it and don't get the wine/beer out untill everything else is put away next time :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
1200 kg payload. (y) That's a lot of vino!
Wow Loads of payload! What MH is it ?
But As you say you've loads of kids and all the paraphernalia that goes with them. Your first trip out will be a great experience , I'm sure. Enjoy your new van, and all the holidays you'll have together in it.

OP
OP
Jeannette van den Oever
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Loooong day of packing today - seems to be 6 of everything, lol! Will post some pics tomorrow. :)
The Germans certainly know how to build a quality van - pipe work and wiring all tidy, not eating into usable space.
Almost ready for our first stop, chez Eddie. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back