There was a mouse (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Where ? there on the bed eek !!

Don't know how it got in, field mouse must be a good jumper ?? as we live in the country I think we'll leave a trap in when parked up just in case.

Anyway peanut butter trap got it, poor thing.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We haven't had any in the van - so far LOL But we did get some in the house and garden after we first moved in cos we saw the calling cards and caught one twice with a 'humane' trap which I released a fair way away. Then one night I was washing up and Jen drying, one appeared up the side of the washing machine onto the work top, ran along the worksurface at the back of the sink as far as the wall the other end, came back, ran up the mixer tap pillar and sat on the horizontal part that comes over above the sink, and ignores me with my hands in the bowl still washing dishes, sat himself down and started washing its whiskers! Wonder he didn't burn his bum.

After our hysterical laughter stopped Jen announced she was very sorry - but she now felt that mousedom was taking the piss and so we had no alternative but to condemn them to a Little Nipper.

Then told me that I'd have to deal with it though ....

We also had to deal with a few after we first built the garage - if they can get in through a hole the size of a pencil, not much chance of them keeping out when you open an up and over garage door, really.

They're fond of Cadbury's Buttons round here. They're good, cos you can console yourself by eating the rest of the packet once a few of em have served their purpose!

So reckless, for animals that are so sweet to look at!

ploots

Free Member
May 31, 2013
gloucester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt bessacarr 765p
Exp
We had them in our garage first I knew about them was when I got my fishing tackle and nets out to get ready for a days fishing only to find the net was in pieces chewed through them,, we put traps down and caught 4 over a few days and so far so good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
that sweet looking little mouse has just pissed all over your bed/kitchen, as all such rodents urinate continuously. this spreads all manner of nasty diseases

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We got them in our van this winter, caught 5, there was a new, unused, nest. Took ages washing all surfaces with disinfectant. They had used part f a bath mat, the brim of a baseball cap and part of the cadac carry bag to make the nest. We were lucky though, had checked the van 2 days previously and no signs. We used a snicker bar for bait.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
was checking our central heating boiler and took the casing off and found a little mouse preening its whiskers ,I couldn't catch the little blighter as the pipework was in the way so I watched it disappear through a hole that was only the diameter of a pencil :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back