There must be an easier way ......?? (1 Viewer)

Cotswoldiver

Free Member
Sep 2, 2016
Beenham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway El D
Exp
newbie with MH, 9 years with VW Camper
Picked up my 2008 Autosleeper Broadway EL Duo a couple of weeks ago & working my way through the obvious stuff, but I've hit a stumbling block. I'm changing the old style lighting to LED & have already had really helpful exchanges on email from ATEN & spoke to them at the NEC show on Friday, the ceiling & spots are an easy swop - but my problem is getting to the tube lighting hidden above the top cupboards. I wrote to AS & they replied about looking out for the T piece and easing it with a screwdriver - no sign of a T piece. I then spoke to the R&D desk of AS at the show & the conclusion was that all of the top cupboards need to come down to get to the tubes. This just seems too crazy to be true. I have an alternative thought of leaving them where they are but disconnecting the power source and creating a new supply to feed ambient flexible LED strip that I hide behind the curve of the cornice.
But knowing the font of knowledge that exists here I'm hoping that someone has had to replace a tube in the past and can provide a few clues as to an easier way. We are coming down to the New Forest meet in a couple of weekends time so a cup of tea or glass of wine awaits the solver of this problem

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
[QUOTE="Cotswoldiver, post: 2057189, member: 44926" the conclusion was that all of the top cupboards need to come down to get to the tubes.[/QUOTE]

Could they possibly be that stupid. Wow.

Yes, inside a cupboard the LED strip will be dead easy. I've done the same in our wardrobe, with a switch on the door.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
If you're utilising the original flouro supply, make sure you've isolated the flouro starter from the new led circuit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back