There but for the grace of god............ (1 Viewer)

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Just about to wash up and come home ;last night, when the controller said "Jobs come at the tunnel, its a motorhome, do yoiu want it?".........I bore them enough talking about our MH and trips, so I thought it only polite to take it::bigsmile:

When i got there, it was an elderly Merc 307 with a young couple and their dog in it bound for Holland. Unfortunatley, their gearbox had decided not to play and was locking up. With almost all gearbox calls, it is straight recovery, never an attempted fix, so the young lady and dog had awalk around while I loaded the MH.

Even with the latest flat bed truck, I still had to use a load of wood to keep the arze end off the floor:RollEyes:, but it went well, and under an hour later, I was doing the reverse outside their home.
They did say, that their breakdown club had refused service even though they had proof of payment and membership, thye had to pay £165 by credit card (to the club).......I told them about ADAC, and wished them well with the repairs, which i,m sure the young chap will get dine quickly.:Sad:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
So Darklord, are you driving a yellow truck with red writing on? A yellow truck with white writing, or an orange truck?

Trying to narrow it down as you cannot be far from me.....:thumb:

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp