Rally PERSHORE PLUM FESTIVAL. AVON BANK MEADOWS, MONDAY 23RD AUGUST TO TUESDAY 31ST AUGUST 2021 (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
In Geraldine's case, the 'Q' stands for Q behind me for a chocolate Orange.
If you see her lurking by my van yell
16272289004878862540386187939579.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning All,

Courtesy of Pamee I supply a post made by the Organising Committee of the Plum Festival.

It outlines what will take place (and what won't) at Pershore during the week.

"

2021 Event​

Following the relaxation of Covid restrictions, Pershore Plum Festival and Pershore Carnival are delighted to confirm that we are working together to put on a “Welcome Back Weekend” over the August Bank Holiday.
A two-day market will be the predominant feature in Abbey Park on Saturday and Sunday alongside lots of activities and entertainment (on Sunday) including music, a fun fair, dog show, ferret racing, plus plenty fun things for the younger ones to do. Pershore Plum Plodders will also be going ahead with their traditional 10km run, finishing on the park on Sunday morning.

As well as all the park-based activities, there will be things to see and do in the town itself, including stalls in Plum Alley (Chapman Court) on Saturday, music and entertainment at The Angel via their Little Plum event (throughout the weekend), themed shop windows, a Plum Heritage Art exhibition at the Town Hall (running from 21st – 29th August) and the wonderful Art Trail by Pershore’s very own Mr Sce.

The Saturday night also sees the return of the highly successful outdoor cinema with the public having a say on what film is shown. Keep your eyes on Facebook for more details.

We hope you all come and support us and help us to kick start our return to some sense of normality. We will of course continue to be mindful of the risks still out there and all activities will take place outside with appropriate social distancing and sanitisation measures in place wherever possible.

More details will be provided very soon, but in the meantime please put Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 August in your calendars. It’s a great opportunity to also help Pershore’s businesses who have suffered tremendously via the various lockdowns, so it seems appropriate to name it “Pershore’s Welcome Back Weekend”.

Please see below the latest statement from our colleagues at Pershore Abbey regarding the 2021 Classic Car Show.
'After lengthy deliberation regarding the Covid19 Pandemic and requirements for managing large events it has been decided that it would be difficult and irresponsible for us to hold a Classic Car Show in 2021. We have to tell you therefore, that sadly there will be no Classic Car Show again this year, and no Festival event on the August Bank Holiday Monday. We are very sorry and hope that we can recommence in 2022."

Regards

Derek aka Emmit

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It's looking like we may have to back out. Do you still have a waiting list?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I have just completed the Admin for this event and am very pleased to announce that a cheque in the sum of
£824.24 :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek: is winging it's way to Prostate Cancer UK

Can I thank all attendees, (and non attendees) who contributed to this mammoth total by their generosity, not only in monetary terms but also in their generosity of spirit.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good morning,

This morning, the postie delivered a letter from Prostate Cancer UK

I am pleased to produce that letter of receipt in the sum of £824.24 raised by Funsters at Pershore in August.

As can be seen, they are somewhat behind in their Admin and I am still awaiting letters as a result of the Show at Shepton and the follow on at Glasto.
IMG_20211021_085446.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back