Theft of your s**t (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Just musing after reading the thread on potential theft of e bikes, then went to empty cassette loo and thought ‘ why on earth is there a fiddly lock on the door, has anyone actually had their bog stolen???’

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
i wondered why Thetford keep changing the design of the cassettes, it’s so they are not interchangeable from one bog to another and therefore a waste of time nicking them!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
If securing the hatch reduces the likely inconvenience of your being left with nothing to go on as some scroat thought if would be funny to relieve you of your convenience, I'll put up with the lock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I only nick cassettes that have just been emptied...

JJ :cool:

Rather than nicking it, It’s less risky to swop your full one for their empty one. 😎

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The genius who designed the cassette toilet door so you don't have to carry your poo through the kitchen, and the morons who just copied it with never a thought for practicality

So there you are with your cassette in one hand and you need two hands to open the door :doh:

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Simples..

humerous-sign-on-a-motor-caravan-no-stools-left-in-this-vehicle-overnight-2FNCW30.jpg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The genius who designed the cassette toilet door so you don't have to carry your poo through the kitchen, and the morons who just copied it with never a thought for practicality

So there you are with your cassette in one hand and you need two hands to open the door :doh:

I can open the cassette locker with one hand. I close but don't lock the door when the cassette isn't in situ. Perhaps a different design? Or maybe being ambidextrous helps :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back