Theft of catalytic converters from motorhomes.... (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Cat exhaust

My nephew had his cat cut from underneath his Range Rover in Morrisons car park in Chester whilst shopping, apparently they are worth a couple of quid and well worth getting under neath the vehicle and cutting away.

The police told him that was the 4th that week from that carpark, quick on the uptake the Chester constabulary.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MercManW123

Free Member
Jun 3, 2011
Essex England
Funster No
MH
Looking for a Merc Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
The police told him that was the 4th that week from that carpark, quick on the uptake the Chester constabulary.:Doh:

Yes but apparently

Various regional police forces are organising events across the UK offering free security marking for catalytic converters.

So there you go - the Old Bill are probably going to offer to write your home Postcode on it with a UV pen. That will be fun when they meet a full-timer!

As a matter of interest, they 'are organising events' - well that alone should be a laugh as, in my experience, they couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery.

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Scrap metal here is currently £200 a ton and if you cut the CAT of a scrap car you get an extra £60 - £70

Scrap Copper is currently at £5000 per ton!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
If I lose my cat under my "van" I'll know where to go to get it cut out....:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back