Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Calm down, you got em back, you are bound to get a bit o banter on here.
Not the end of the world, these and a LOT worse happen to folk when away, at home, ANYWHERE

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Take it on the chin and look at as it as the maybe thief was thick as pig chit, as who would leave anything small enough to make money from outside.
Mind, I have done after too many cans, IPad, phone, keys, wife!
On one occasion myself

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Take it on the chin and look at as it as the maybe thief was thick as pig chit, as who would leave anything small enough to make money from outside.
Mind, I have done after too many cans, IPad, phone, keys, wife!
On one occasion myself
We never leave anything outside in the shower tent of any vital value , spare hook up , bike batteries , levelling blocks , screen cover etc .
I'm sorry for being heavy about this but I loath thieves with a passion .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
A few bags pfft pussy cats sounds like a fairly decent site.
Try Billing Aquadome 2 gypos actually nicked a guys motorhome when he went to reception. We were behind him, his wife and kids were still in the van but that didn't stop em. Proper thieves on that site only there one night several bikes went missing plus a big mobile Sat dish.:eek:
Lovely place :D

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
When I was into motorcycle sport ya had to tie yer nuts down, otherwise another competitor would Nick em

But I did the same, but don't tell em.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Was that site Pocanna Fields adjacent to Bute Park?

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Sign of the times I'm sad to say! in the 70s you could leave your crash helmet on the handlebars down here, wouldn't dare do it in the 80s & now your worried that your bike will be gone when you come back to it, some low life will nick anything :mad:

Reactions: f6c

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
We stayed on that Cardiff site a couple of years ago. One family near us had bikes stolen, they think the "borrowers" got onto the site through the hedge. Its a shame but although on holiday we were in the middle of a large city where lots of said local "borrowers" will know there is the chance of easy pickings from people in holiday mode.

We stayed at the Abbey Wood caravan club site in March - that is the first site I've stayed at which is surrounded by a very tall electric fence which I presume is due to it being in the middle of a city

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We stayed on that Cardiff site a couple of years ago. One family near us had bikes stolen, they think the "borrowers" got onto the site through the hedge. Its a shame but although on holiday we were in the middle of a large city where lots of said local "borrowers" will know there is the chance of easy pickings from people in holiday mode.

We stayed at the Abbey Wood caravan club site in March - that is the first site I've stayed at which is surrounded by a very tall electric fence which I presume is due to it being in the middle of a city
And you pay to stay in these places:Eeek:

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
And you pay to stay in these places:Eeek:
We do sometimes when they fit with our touring plans - the Cardiff site is within a short walk of the castle and we cycled round the Bay before moving on towards St Davids. The Abbey Wood trip involved taking a guide dog and someone in a wheel chair so again the location was the deciding factor. We have just come back from the NC500 where the only fences were to stop you falling into big holes in the ground :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure what site this is referring to but I suspect it is the one on Pontcanna fields. If so it has a reputation for theft. They even have a lock up building for people to put their bikes in (suspect they charge) rather than leave them on the pitch or the back of the motorhome. When we were there last year they had signs up about the theft problem and the warden also warned us when we booked in.

Having said all that it is very convenient for the city centre - just a few minutes walk away. I was a student in Cardiff in the 60s and used to walk through that park often - very different now though, but still brought back happy memories, as did the city centre, although that too has changed a lot over the years. We had no problems but then we did not leave anything on our pitch and we locked and alarmed the motorhome.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Not sure what site this is referring to but I suspect it is the one on Pontcanna fields. If so it has a reputation for theft. They even have a lock up building for people to put their bikes in (suspect they charge) rather than leave them on the pitch or the back of the motorhome. When we were there last year they had signs up about the theft problem and the warden also warned us when we booked in.

Having said all that it is very convenient for the city centre - just a few minutes walk away. I was a student in Cardiff in the 60s and used to walk through that park often - very different now though, but still brought back happy memories, as did the city centre, although that too has changed a lot over the years. We had no problems but then we did not leave anything on our pitch and we locked and alarmed the motorhome.
Hi.
Perhaps a "Tea Leaf "...stole the signs,............. Bags were......Stolen?.Bags were recovered,steam coming out of ears. Puts Brexit/Remain fuss,back to second page in the Daily Star.
Tea Bag

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Happens in other places too.we stayed at baltic wharf in Bristol. High fences to the harbour and a locked gate. Someone nicked stuff from an awning one night when we were there.warden said it was the first time it happened. Probably not the last.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Warnings were in place at the CC site Clumber Park nottingham,and bikes locked in a shed by the warden.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp

Bikes are stored free in a shipping container, I guess I'll have to think more about use of the shower tent for storage at more " risky " sites .

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Bikes are stored free in a shipping container, I guess I'll have to think more about use of the shower tent for storage at more " risky " sites .

I would say that any site is risky if the flag of temptation is flown!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Chap locally had a good working fridge he didn't want. Put it on his drive with a sign saying "Free fridge. Please help yourself". 2 weeks later it was still there, so he changed the sign to "Fridge. £50". Less than half an hour later someone had stolen it.

Dec 16, 2013
Deeside North Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
since 2012
Last year the bottom half of our ladder was stolen from the back of the motorhome when we were on Keswick camping and caravan club site we have been many times before and since and all has been ok.We used the ladder on site to get our hookup cable from the box on the roof went to put it back before we left and it had gone.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Last year the bottom half of our ladder was stolen from the back of the motorhome when we were on Keswick camping and caravan club site we have been many times before and since and all has been ok.We used the ladder on site to get our hookup cable from the box on the roof went to put it back before we left and it had gone.
That would be down to the Bogles, normally found in the Borders but you get them in the Lakes as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogle

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We have a shower tent that we keep " non valuables " bags / rotisserie / table . I secured the zip on the tent " door " with a cable tie to the tent leg.
Noticed the next day that the zip had opened up to the max the cable tie would allow ? 6 inches ? , thought nothing of it as it had been windy during the night .
Come packing up today I couldn't find the tent bag / aqua roll bag / wastehog bag / table bag ( all packed one inside each other )
They had been nicked and it could of only been a dwarf/ midget or child ! BUGGER !
Anyway did a thorough reccy and hallelujah found them opened up and strewn about in a ditch about 200yds away !
Informed the wardens who seemed genuinely concerned as in tent theft is very unusual on the site.
and nobody but nobody has the right to call somone a liar unless they can prove it, simple and end of :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We have a shower tent that we keep " non valuables " bags / rotisserie / table . I secured the zip on the tent " door " with a cable tie to the tent leg.
Noticed the next day that the zip had opened up to the max the cable tie would allow ? 6 inches ? , thought nothing of it as it had been windy during the night .
Come packing up today I couldn't find the tent bag / aqua roll bag / wastehog bag / table bag ( all packed one inside each other )
They had been nicked and it could of only been a dwarf/ midget or child ! BUGGER !
Anyway did a thorough reccy and hallelujah found them opened up and strewn about in a ditch about 200yds away !
Informed the wardens who seemed genuinely concerned as in tent theft is very unusual on the site.
So just be aware thieves operate on this site !
Using overtly offensive language is not helping you convince us of your already dubious story TBH. You have to remember your own eh, pot, kettle and all that jazz :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Using overtly offensive language is not helping you convince us of your already dubious story TBH. You have to remember your own eh, pot, kettle and all that jazz :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
That's the problem with tinternet, what you say is there forever and can come back to bite you on the arse
Will go and get my popcorn :giggler::lipssealed:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back