Rally The White Horse @ Tattingstone (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
There is ehu, a case of first come first serve, but I have a spider where 3 can come off of it and there are 5 outlets around the field, Andy quoted £5 per person per night with ehu, dogs are free, looking forwards to seeing you all.:)
Hi Ray, We are really keen to have EHU but are not arriving until Friday so I suspect we may be one of the last to arrive. Just wondered whether any of the other attendees may have a 'spider' that they could take.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Ray, We are really keen to have EHU but are not arriving until Friday so I suspect we may be one of the last to arrive. Just wondered whether any of the other attendees may have a 'spider' that they could take.
We shall be there on Friday (maybe even Thursday;)) and will not require ELH but will have a splitter onboard which you will be welcome to borrow if necessary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We shall be there on Friday (maybe even Thursday;)) and will not require ELH but will have a splitter onboard which you will be welcome to borrow if necessary.
Many thanks Joyce and Brian.
Brian - you were the very first Funster we met when we had just got our first van and attended last years very, very cold rally in Newark. You knocked on our van door to ask if we had seen the people in the next van, and after you had introduced yourself as 'I can't remember' I commented to hubby that the poor man doesn't even know his own name he must have altzeimers. See you next week (hope you remember to pack the splitter!):D

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
I'll try and sort something out for you

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Ray, Marquis Motorhomes are holding an open weekend at their new Ipswich branch from Thur 14th - Sun 17th.

As this is en route for us to Tattingstone we are intending to visit Marquis sometime Thursday, after which we would carry straight on to The White Horse in the afternoon if this is ok with you.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We are having our van serviced that day down near our old home so we will probably come on the Thursday evening :) See you there Janie, Bob & Izzy :-D

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Guys Well I've seen Andy and he's expecting us, so the "Old Rosie" will be waiting for us, We're having parties for everyone's birthdays, BBQs so bring some stuff for the bbq and the "Jacobs Table", and yes please Pam, bring yer bbq, many thanks, we'll have this place rocking, looking forward to seeing you all, and there still places available.

Suffolkwanderers

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
:)
I see folks will there over the weekend so we will try and pop over to say hello but we don't pick up the rental until Monday. Let's hope the weather is good.
By the way it is Ipswich Festival this week until Sunday 17th including the Maritime Weekend. Looks lots of fun. See www.allaboutipswich.com for details.
We hope to meet soon
Newbies

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
:swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2:
Not happy bunnies here .... have got a problem with the m/h which means we are not likely to make it to Tattingstone.
Went to start m/h this morning and it would only run on tickover with clouds of black exhaust smoke.
RAC man turned up within 20 minutes, plugged in his OBD reader and finds a problem with "Motorised throttle control unit" which he can't fix.
Nearest Peugeot dealer can't even look at it 'till Thursday so weekend may not be on for us but will still try if they can sort it Thurs/Fri.
Hope they can fix it soon as we are booked on tunnel the following weekend.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Oh No, I packed an EXTRA can of beer for you Brian, to pay you back for the night on your drive lunch / dinner / breakfast and all the coffees biscuits / cake nibbles and beers you so kindly gave us. :ROFLMAO:

Hope you get it sorted looking forward to seeing you both.
Just read the post back ;) and thought err maybe 2 cans. (y)
Bob and Janie.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Oh No, I packed an EXTRA can of beer for you Brian, to pay you back for the night on your drive lunch / dinner / breakfast and all the coffees biscuits / cake nibbles and beers you so kindly gave us. :ROFLMAO:

Hope you get it sorted looking forward to seeing you both.
Just read the post back ;) and thought err maybe 2 cans. (y)
Bob and Janie.

It's a real pain in the arris round here trying to find any garage that can handle anything bigger than a car and particularly as they all have it stitched-up that you have to go to a main dealer.:swear2:

If we don't get it fixed in time for the meet we may well call in by car for a while .... can't miss out on my 2 cans (y)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Have you seen the part that needs changing Brian, no chance of fitting it yourself.
It would have been a bigger pain if it happened in France.

We have the van serviced on Thursday and go here : http://www.cowhams.co.uk/
They are very good and have a nice workshop that will take anything, also do Mots. :)
If you could get it there they might do it for you, if you phone speak to Barry and mention our name, he has dropped everything when our daughter had trouble with her transit, they give you a loan car. (y) Bob.

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
:)
I see folks will there over the weekend so we will try and pop over to say hello but we don't pick up the rental until Monday. Let's hope the weather is good.
By the way it is Ipswich Festival this week until Sunday 17th including the Maritime Weekend. Looks lots of fun. See www.allaboutipswich.com for details.
We hope to meet soon
Newbies
Your more than welcome to come and say hello. :)

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
We will be arriving Friday afternoon and can survive without EHU.
See you Friday

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Have you seen the part that needs changing Brian, no chance of fitting it yourself.
It would have been a bigger pain if it happened in France.

We have the van serviced on Thursday and go here : http://www.cowhams.co.uk/
They are very good and have a nice workshop that will take anything, also do Mots. :)
If you could get it there they might do it for you, if you phone speak to Barry and mention our name, he has dropped everything when our daughter had trouble with her transit, they give you a loan car. (y) Bob.
I don't know exactly which part is faulty until Peugeot check it out and I hate working on modern motors even if I knew what I was doing.:RollEyes:

I will give Barry a call in the morning to see what he recons ... not sure about mentioning your name though as he will probably double the bill.:doh:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Sorry to hear you have problems Brian, we hope you can get sorted.
We will be arriving Friday afternoon all being well. Would appreciate electric if it is available, but can do without.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
Dane & Hazel

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Sorry to hear you have problems Brian, we hope you can get sorted.
We will be arriving Friday afternoon all being well. Would appreciate electric if it is available, but can do without.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
Dane & Hazel
Thanks Dane, we are still looking forward to the meet but wont know for sure if the m/h will be ready until tomorrow ..... keeping fingers crossed.

Suffolkwanderers

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Broken Link Removed
Your more than welcome to come and say hello. :)

Hi Ray,
We may not have a Motorhome yet but I do have a triple spider or splitter for EHU we can loan you for the weekend if it helps?
Broken Link Removed

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Thanks Dane, we are still looking forward to the meet but wont know for sure if the m/h will be ready until tomorrow ..... keeping fingers crossed.
It would be good to see you again one way or another, but really hope you get the problem sorted soon. It would be great if you could make it Saturday for the BBQ, some other Funsters will be visiting then as they are now in between motorhomes.

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Well, there two of us here at the moment.

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
The FUN is about to begin, we have Scrumpy, BBQ, FB rolling competition, if they are not too badly dented will send to JJ, nail knocking, water filled balloon chucking, with a "Jacobs Table", photos to follow

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
A great weekend, a cycle rojnd Alton water for me and this afternoon was brilliant :) Janie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back