The Western Show Malvern. 2012 (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just wondering why another club is allocated more space when Fun has a larger turnout :Doh::Doh:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Blush::Blush: Yep, Kath. That was what I was trying to say, sorry, but you managed to be succinct.... I'm not good at that. But to compound that, if they don't allocate the actual spaces till the end of the booking, as she said to me, why can't they then give MHF a bigger field when they allocate them. Are you there, Jim?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I know the frustration however

Hi all, I just phoned Warners thinking yesterday how helpful they were compared to normal when they said they would accept phone call till form came in........... NO, they won't. They said MHF full. I asked about Caravan and Camping cos they are usually next to Fun .... No, they are full too.

What we have done in the past, since also if you want to be near someone you need to arrive together, is book in General camping and meet up in the car park a few hundred yards down the road to arrive together. If anyone interested in doing that then can we sort it.... I only decided to go as meeting someone in the days after at a site not too far away from there..... but would love to meet up with some of those who not managed to get into the Western.

As Kath says, if they are turning money away, not like Warners!!!!, why not allocate some of the extra space to Fun. The woman on the phone said they have NOT allocated areas on the fields yet, until after the closing date for bookings so it should not be a problem then should it?

She said I, and the rest of us who havn't got on, should have booked earlier. I asked how that can be when some of us have home problems with family illnesses. Again, there seems to be no give in their policies.

I know your frustration in not being able to book and be with the MHF... but I speak for me alone.. we have already been moved to one of the worse areas on the site.. up by the horse dung heap and as far back as we can go.. if they gave us more room we will end up even further from the show.... we are not there yet, but given the distance now further would be hard for many of us that are less mobile. While I want to be with MHF, we did consider the idea of just going back to booking as a disabled person like we have in years past to save the long distance to get to the show.

We saw what happened at Peterborough with getting larger and larger. it can be self defeating in the end... Next year again we will go back to the disabled parking as it is a lot less difficult to get to the show on a scooter. Regrettable as that is I hope ... being selfish ... that we stay at 75 members.. also as it gets bigger it is impossible to be with friends as they are cast over a very large area.

I booked within days of the show being announced... I tend to do that with all shows... have been known to lose the fee's if I cannot sell on a ticket that I am unable to use. Members may want to consider that it may be the case these days you need to think far ahead. But as I say these are my personal views. As I have said I am sorry that all those that wanted to come may have to go in to general area. Those their last year know we did not have a massive amount of room at the end of the day.... plus the water pressure at the water tap was about useless. I do feel we (MHF) are treated less favourably as we get bigger by show organisers.... which seems a shame.

Bob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know your frustration in not being able to book and be with the MHF... but I speak for me alone.. we have already been moved to one of the worse areas on the site.. up by the horse dung heap and as far back as we can go..

Bob, there were clubs further away last year than we were, and we had a brilliant time. As our group gets larger it can be harder to find an area closer that is large enough. An extra minute or twos walk or scoot is a small price to pay to be together and nothing to moan about really. That said, I have spoken to them about rally areas for next year. If a few Hundred meters is too much for you then do book into the the disabled section which is of course always much nearer the show but much further away from the fun. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
BOOKING CLOSES ON MON 30th July at 10am

Attendees

1. bobandjane
  2. Jim
  3. Brisey
  4. gaz
  5. slobadoberbob
  6. MrMotorhome
  7. Janine
  8. martin1485
  9. Glyn and Debbie
  10. Silkcut1105
  11. Sundowners
  12. Theonlysue
  13. Carol
  14. Dai
  15. tony garvin
  16. bungy
  17. Tony Santara
  18. Geo & Pammy
  19. rayb182
  20. champers
  21. Bertha
  22. Scotties
  23. gary&barb
  24. Ludo
  25. Road Burner
  26. grumps147
  27. Drew
  28. audreyj
  29. yogibear
  30. G2EWS
  31. tattytony
  32. lindyloot
  33. Freedom Hunter
  34. Winnie Brave
  35. gozomike
  36. froghopper
  37. frenchgirl
  38. charl
  39. Encantador
  40. Griffs
  41. jeffhop
  42. ROCKYTOPS
  43. xjrchris
  44. atlantisbird
  45. Red Dragon
  46. MikeandCarolyn
  47. louwil
  48. dellwood33
  49. catspyjamas
  50. welshcowboy
  51. minx
  52. moharper
  53. novawight
  54. Wendy Scott
  55. Kenny and Dolly
  56. DavenRose
  57. atv
When you have booked with Warners, post on this thread. :Smile:
Bob and Jane.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Booking may not have closed yet Bob and Jane but people cant book with Fun as they are full.

Maybe you should be asking people to come out of the closet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we have booked to go to cheshire motorhome show on the 13th to 16th july anybody else going steve an

Hi Steve, could you post on the Northern motorhome show meet thread? there are 19 vans listed and I am still trying to locate the missing 8 :Smile: some have said they have booked with fun but not let anyone know. Not a massive problem as there are only a few of us, but still makes my life a tincy bit easier.

Now on to this thread?

I think it's time for Warners to be pushed away. I think's its ridiculous that they can not accomadate a large club rally. They always know there's a good turn out so why on earth not allocate decent space?

And sorry Bob, I know your in a chair and don't mean to sound abrupt or rude but the needs of the many will always outweigh the needs of the few in terms of areas to go on to. But, being funsters, you know we would lift you and your chair or aframe it to Tara and Izzy to get you across to the show wherever that is placed.

Warners = don't like fun for some reason, im sure of it. :Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Bob, I wouldn't want to move anyone further away from the show... The last two years I havn't made it due to mum and dad's illness despite having paid the fee (non-returnable by Warners despite dad's death in July).

But the last time i went to the show MHF wasn't too far from the show and there was another field adjacent to it with another club on it... so I can't see why therefore they couldn't let mhf overspill onto that since they said to me they hadn't decided where everyone was going - and put the smaller club somewhere else .... but apparently they have told others that we are by a dung heap according to the above posts. Contradiction from Warners again. :Sad:

If I understand it correctly mhf isn't the only club fully booked so organisation somewhere at Warners isn't brill is it if there is still a way to go from final booking date .... the allocation of areas SHOULDN'T be done surely until final numbers are in - and surely, a good pr would be to give those clubs that support them with large numbers, a place NEAR the show as a reward. I wouldn't choose a tiny kitchen cupboard for my tinned food if I had 50 tins of veg... sorry, just an anomaly and not good but I am tired.:winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Bob, I wouldn't want to move anyone further away from the show... The last two years I havn't made it due to mum and dad's illness despite having paid the fee (non-returnable by Warners despite dad's death in July).

But the last time i went to the show MHF wasn't too far from the show and there was another field adjacent to it with another club on it... so I can't see why therefore they couldn't let mhf overspill onto that since they said to me they hadn't decided where everyone was going - and put the smaller club somewhere else .... but apparently they have told others that we are by a dung heap according to the above posts. Contradiction from Warners again. :Sad:

If I understand it correctly mhf isn't the only club fully booked so organisation somewhere at Warners isn't brill is it if there is still a way to go from final booking date .... the allocation of areas SHOULDN'T be done surely until final numbers are in - and surely, a good pr would be to give those clubs that support them with large numbers, a place NEAR the show as a reward. I wouldn't choose a tiny kitchen cupboard for my tinned food if I had 50 tins of veg... sorry, just an anomaly and not good but I am tired.:winky:

Also because we are far more pragmatic, (is that the right word for thinking out hte box?)
we have to accept that the weather may also be playing a part already and that they may of had to curtail the area available.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I wonder if it comes down to money Joy?

Just a thought on Warners.. does it come down to money? if every club member in the whole of the show, not talking about just MFH, but all clubs get a £2 discount .. that adds to a lot of money and perhaps Warners want general parking where they can push in campers all the free spaces.. if the Government can think of removing free prescriptions for over 60's then anything is possible. ... just a thought.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well we are up the top of the site hill wise

Also because we are far more pragmatic, (is that the right word for thinking out hte box?)
we have to accept that the weather may also be playing a part already and that they may of had to curtail the area available.

Well we are at the top of the hill site wise... and they do have decent roads over most of the site area.. have seen people get stuck in the past.

Bob:Blush:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it was not a moan JIM

Bob, there were clubs further away last year than we were, and we had a brilliant time. As our group gets larger it can be harder to find an area closer that is large enough. An extra minute or twos walk or scoot is a small price to pay to be together and nothing to moan about really. That said, I have spoken to them about rally areas for next year. If a few Hundred meters is too much for you then do book into the the disabled section which is of course always much nearer the show but much further away from the fun. :Smile:

It was not a moan JIM, that is why I was careful to make sure I made the point it was my view.

The less use the scooters do the less charging time it takes to get them back on line.. less charging time means less genny use (saves in my pockets as well)... But scooters and power chairs take a long time to recharge so you get to go round the show less times.. i.e once a day rather than twice. But that is life and there is not a lot I can do about it.

The entertainment we made ourselves is first class and it is rare for us to go to the halls.. no need to to. Also we meet up with friends. We would still do that I am sure where ever MHF is.

I do feel Warners as someone else posted do not seem to worry about the views of MHF members. I agree with others that it seems a bit daft to close the bookings to a club so early, given the main 'general' parking is still being sold... or is it they have an issue with the weather of recent times and are aware that the ground is still soft? who knows.

It is (for me) the best show of the year. I am looking forward to it.... but I was making just my own observation as they affected me. Just do not want anyone getting up set over them, no offence was intended. I just felt we are being treated very second class these days by Warners.. but some I am sure will not agree.

The one issue I do moan about is the poor water supply we had last year.. that was silly.

Lets hope Warners read the disquiet the members feel.. I know they do read our posts, otherwise there staff would not come up to me and say are you slobberdoberbob (when I have been walking Ezzie)... if they are reading this..... all I ask is we get a fair crack at a decent location given the size of our membership and the large number of RV's within the group... and yes some water pressure.

Bob

Last edited:

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
A ? please.

If I decided to give up and sell my tickets how could someone else use them as they have first and last letter of reg on them? :Blush:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
A ? please.

If I decided to give up and sell my tickets how could someone else use them as they have first and last letter of reg on them? :Blush:

No idea, but it would be the same for someone changing a motorhome between shows. Phone them up give them a new registration number, or if thinking about changing a motorhome say in the registration box "not yet known"

Just because you have bought them doesnt mean you arent giving them as a present to someone else.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Well,we are booked and on the list but havn't received tickets yet.
So,we are religously practicing Achy Breaky every morn in an effort to learn it in time ::bigsmile: But,reading some of the posts an element of disenchantement is creeping in.
Is the MHF area really that bad ? Does the dung heap smell that much ?Is it possible to coax enough water out of the tap ? Are we so far away from the Show that ,even with my stick and extra pain killers,I will be unable to walk there ?
Looking fwd to a FUN time-I hope ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've spoken to Warners and they are looking at finding us some extra space. They have someone looking at the maps. They will get back to me this morning and I'll let you know. :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well,we are booked and on the list but havn't received tickets yet.
So,we are religously practicing Achy Breaky every morn in an effort to learn it in time ::bigsmile: But,reading some of the posts an element of disenchantement is creeping in.
Is the MHF area really that bad ? Does the dung heap smell that much ?Is it possible to coax enough water out of the tap ? Are we so far away from the Show that ,even with my stick and extra pain killers,I will be unable to walk there ?
Looking fwd to a FUN time-I hope ::bigsmile:

Mike.

I reckon over 90% of the funsters who have booked this time were with us last year. So it can't have been that bad. :thumb:

What? The other 10%?...... not sure, they either got lost trying to find the show from our pitch or died from the smell of horse shit. ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is not that bad

I reckon over 90% of the funsters who have booked this time were with us last year. So it can't have been that bad. :thumb:

What? The other 10%?...... not sure, they either got lost trying to find the show from our pitch or died from the smell of horse shit. ::bigsmile:

Seriously it is not that bad... and I was right up one removed from the horse manure hill (Bit like Murrey hill at Wimbledon).. but it did not actually smell.. or my nose is bunged up.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes the water was bad.. sorry to say.. took for ever to get enough in the container and at times we had a small line... I found better pressure a little further way by the sable block in the end.

As I say the site has good concrete roads and I have never got stuck myself in all the years I have been going.. but then I did not get stuck at Peterborough either:winky: must be that rear wheel drive I have.

But it is one of the best shows about.. and we did have a great time as a group... still remember JIm with the sledge hammer asking if it was to loud when hit the spike..:cry::cry:

It is a shame that Warners do not hear our voices.. But I would not cancel myself... as said the best show and the best group to be with and it is going to be sunny..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For those that did not get in.. try again I would say.

Bob

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just booked and paid on line :thumb: please add us to the list arriving Thursday

Road Burner

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
Spare tickets

Pam has to go in hospital around that time so we can't go. I have ticket for two if anyone is interested. Not sure how to go about swapping them over, I suppose I could just say I have changed the Van and have a new registration number.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Pam has to go in hospital around that time so we can't go. I have ticket for two if anyone is interested. Not sure how to go about swapping them over, I suppose I could just say I have changed the Van and have a new registration number.

You can ring Warners up and change the number - they'll charge you a tenner tho :Sad:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Great - I have booked!

Please add me to the list - arriving Friday.

Thanks

Catherine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back