The Western Motorhome Show - August 15th to 17th (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
OK i feel like cr@p but considering setting off in the morning be there about 4 pm after dropping my dad into care home.

Will we be bogged down with this weather cos dont fancy ploughing around in mud with the bus?:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi John

We have just got back from Malvern having decided to drop the trailer a day earlier than planned.....I am glad we did.

The ground around the traders area was very soggy and muddy in places, especially where there had been a lot of vehicle activity.

That said, I can't comment on the rally areas as I didn't venture that far.

The forecast is set to improve for the beginning of the show with Friday showing dry all day.....Saturday and Sunday aren't looking brilliant but who knows?
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Great Malvern
Malvern has a weather all its own and I have done shows in the past which have been forecast to be wet and we have come home sunburned, and visa-versa :RollEyes:

I met John and Sandy briefly, and they are already installed and waiting to greet everyone so I am sure you will have a good time :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I met John and Sandy briefly, and they are already installed and waiting to greet everyone so I am sure you will have a good time :Smile:

That cos it the pitch is cheaper than Spain:roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Has he got a clipboard?:winky:

I am charging 2 x 110 spare batteries because the bus is not charging on hook up at all. Maybe charge on the run albeit a short one for us (just 90 miles each way)

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Right still got cold but going anyway so you all can catch it:roflmto:

Got to wait till 10.30 for tablets in the chemist for my dad then off to the nursing home (looks great bar and sauna might just stay there:roflmto:) so sat here twiddling my thumbs till then:RollEyes:

So see anyone else who'll be there hopefully around 4 pm.

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
I am so envious of you all, we have to be at home this year getting ready for our own Fest the following weekend in Skipton.

Do hope you all have a fab time and the weather keeps fine for you.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well i finally got here on Friday as broke down with fuel fault on Thursday (big thank to both Mark and Eileen (Dylan) for helping me out and calming me down:RollEyes::Sad:) I dont know what I would do without them recently:winky::thumb:

Had to crawl to Newport on Friday and had new ECU unit fitted which was my problem (80 mile nursing the bus was not nice though. Downside is I left the car at Eileen's as didn't want to breakdown towing so got here without a lot of bits and pieces that were in the car:RollEyes:

Yesterday was fine and JSW (John and Sandy White) have done a first class Marshalling job although they didn't have the bannesr and things that make thing easier:Doh: anyway big thanks to JSW for all the excellent efforts:thumb:

Weather yesterday fine but today windy and constantly looking like rain although everyone is bargain hunting:Smile:

I have run out of cash after buying a 5 mtr Moroccan mat (wouldn't take plastic:Doh:) and then a good night in the bar with Raoul and Papajohn.

Now waiting for Bryan and Suzy to turning up in there new bus:thumb:

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well I am just in after picking my dad up from the rest home.

Had a great time as usual and looking forward to thee next meet.

Met some lovely new Funsters who seem to certainly enjoyed themselves

Shame we didn't have somewhere central to meet up though:cry::cry:

I now have a 5mtr Moroccan rug but he would only took cash so cleared me out as left my car at Eileen's so couldn't nip in to the hole in the wall :Angry:

Sad Bryan and Suzy couldn't make it:cry:

K

kayzee bounder

Deleted User
Malvern.

Hello all,
i enjoyed Malvern and had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with several of the "Names" on here. It was my first outing to a motor home show and ended up costing lots in purchases.... but that was expected cos there's always that extra you need. One thing i would like to see thought i doubt its possible would be "Hook-up's", do any show site's have them ?. I left Sunday afternoon and had a good run home, no traffic jams anywhere wow !.:Cool:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well I am just in after picking my dad up from the rest home.

Had a great time as usual and looking forward to thee next meet.

Met some lovely new Funsters who seem to certainly enjoyed themselves

Shame we didn't have somewhere central to meet up though:cry::cry:

I now have a 5mtr Moroccan rug but he would only took cash so cleared me out as left my car at Eileen's so couldn't nip in to the hole in the wall :Angry:

Sad Bryan and Suzy couldn't make it:cry:

Hi John,

You should have taken a pic of the one you liked and got Geo, Jim or Ror to get one for you.:winky:

Glad you got the "bus" sorted.:thumb:

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
morning all attended show had a very good time !, shame about the very poor weather ,:Sad: would like to thank johnsandywhite for hoasting and making us very wellcome...:Smile:

best regards
rayval...

for ever young :thumb:

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Just back from the show. Rained all the way back to Doncaster. :cry:

Hope all who attended enjoyed themselves? Sandy is certainly very enthusiastic about attending more sometime in the future.
In the meantime. Many thanks to ALL the ones we met and had time to chat to. In NO particular order:-

Anna and Colin (Hydecolt)
Ernie (Steptoe)
Jim & Maria (Harp07)
Ray & Val (lady jann)
with Alan and Cathy in a tent.
John (Road Runner)
Rob & Shirl (robley7636)
Di & Dave (dised)
Raoul (Raoul)
John & Pat (JayDee)
Grenville & Shirley (NearlyRetired)
Tony & Ruth (W’tony & RuthRV)
John (pappajohn) (A shame Shirl couldn't attend)
Barry & Pat
Geoff & Val
Shame that Bryan & Suzy couldn't attend due to having sold their RV. :Eeek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John, told you it would be a doddle. It seems everyone had a great time. Well done mate, hope you enjoyed it too:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi John, told you it would be a doddle. It seems everyone had a great time. Well done mate, hope you enjoyed it too:thumb::thumb:

::bigsmile: Yes. We certainly did. But my poor old legs told me why I decided to retire and spend most of our time in warmer climes. :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
John & Sandy did a first class job:thumb: well done!

Jim we need a mobile banner and a small gazebo that could be used when your away (need to get selling the checklists:winky::roflmto:)

Harp07

Free Member
May 25, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Since 2008
Mavern Show

Hi All,
We would like to thank Sandy and John For makeing us so welcome at the show and doing such a good job as marshals, and we are looking forward to the next outing, Shame about the weather but we had a good time anyway.

Jim & Maria.:thumb:

dised

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Market Harborough
Funster No
Exp
one year
Our thanks particularly to John and Sandy.
Once again a great bunch of people to meet up with.
We came back alot poorer again.... bought a divorce pack.. :cry:... Safari residence!!! :ROFLMAO:
Di didnt watch the demo.
Stoneleigh next...
Dave Di

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi all,

got home at 4.30pm after a totally unevenful 5 hour trip.

total journey was 430 miles, not bad on one tank of diesel AND pulling the toad!!!:thumb:

had a really good time sunday night with John 'Raoul' Chissom, he knows what im talking about :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

nice to put a few faces to names but unfortunatly i didnt get to meet all that were there.

thanks to JSW for spotting me on arrival and marshalling me on site.:thumb:

the only drawback was the lack of central meeting point at night as everyone did their own thing rather than a get together but we'll do better next time.:Sad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp

the only drawback was the lack of central meeting point at night as everyone did their own thing rather than a get together but we'll do better next time.:Sad:

Yupp fully agree John:thumb:

Bit worried about what went on Sunday night though:winky::Blush::Blush:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bit worried about what went on Sunday night though:winky::Blush::Blush:

you know what they say about cowboys john, brokeback mountain ect.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

seriously...we went to the main hall for the final show.
got chatting to the guys doing the wildwest gunfight show during the day.
raoul was in his element and got to fire his handgun in the finale.....

Attachments

• IMG_0862 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0862 (Small).JPG
    34 KB · Views: 43

Hydecolt

Free Member
Jan 7, 2008
Traveling in europe
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
full timed 8 years/traveled 4 years
Malvern show

Hi
we want to say a big thank to John and Sandy for the great job they did at the show, thanks to everyone we met for the friendly welcome
Anna and Colin (hydecolt)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
hi all,

got home at 4.30pm after a totally unevenful 5 hour trip.

total journey was 430 miles, not bad on one tank of diesel AND pulling the toad!!!:thumb:

had a really good time sunday night with John 'Raoul' Chissom, he knows what im talking about :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

nice to put a few faces to names but unfortunatly i didnt get to meet all that were there.

thanks to JSW for spotting me on arrival and marshalling me on site.:thumb:

You forgot to mention Raoul running out one door and in the other so he could get his weapon checked :roflmto:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi
we want to say a big thank to John and Sandy for the great job they did at the show, thanks to everyone we met for the friendly welcome
Anna and Colin (hydecolt)

Twas nice to meet you and see your lovely bus:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back