The Welshman (1 Viewer)

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi, we bought a Peugeot boxer motorhome last year and are travelling to Spain in September. This is our first outing and we will be gone for about eight months. I don't know much about forums as this is the first time I have joined one. Any advice regarding our trip would be most welcome
many thanks to you all!
Steve O

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
As a first outing this is a truly brave move :clap2:
I would recommend, at the very least, to have a weekend away locally to get used to the van and iron out any potential snags.
In the meantime, welcome to the fun Steve. :welc:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Let us know where you are going and when, there will be lots of Funsters heading for Spain and Morocco this winter as they do most winters, Benidorm is popular, do a search and you will find plenty of info regarding preferred sites and rates etc.
We will be leaving in October and driving down via France to be there by the end of the month, and hopefully moving on after xmas / new year to cross to Morocco in January for 6-8 weeks.
Welcome to the Fun.
:cheers: :party2: :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Welcome from a fellow Welshman who also recently joined the forum. I've learned more about our sort of 'travelling' in the last two weeks since joining than I have in the last 5 years! You might need to pose your initial question in the relevant area to get max responses. There are a lot of very helpful people on here with up to date and accurate info which they will willingly share! I wish I'd joined years ago!

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
welcome from another fellow Welshman.....::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi, we bought a Peugeot boxer motorhome last year and are travelling to Spain in September. This is our first outing and we will be gone for about eight months. I don't know much about forums as this is the first time I have joined one. Any advice regarding our trip would be most welcome
many thanks to you all!
Steve O

Firstly Steve Welcome
I read the words "The Welshman" with trepidation
we have many already and they are a noisy lot.

Hopefully will see you around sometime but I will leave the advice to those who have done it regularly.
Roger & Sheila

OP
OP
S

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
don't know yet. We went camping two years ago for the first time,(we are in our sixties) and although it was a little hard at first, we spent six weeks travelling Europe and ended up in Roses near the French/Spanish border, so we will probably spend some time there before moving on. Although our motorhome is nineteen year old, it's in good nick and this time we have a fridge which we could have done with two years ago!

OP
OP
S

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
well thank you. It is nice that complete strangers welcome us especially in the world we live in today. Thank you all. I don't know how to put smiley faces on but I am smiling at the moment!
Steve.O

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to fun, if I were you I would get familiar with the forum, it can be a really good source of information when travelling, I would send for a Fun sticker for you motorhome as if you come across another Funster good to have a chat. :welc:

OP
OP
S

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Glandwr, thanks for the message, unfortunately I do not understand Welsh as I was kicked out of welsh classes back in the sixties!

OP
OP
S

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Carol, I was wondering about the funster stickers and eventually spoke to Jim, and my self addressed envelope is now in the post, thanks a lot.

OP
OP
S

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Jim, are you the one I spoke to this morning?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:welc: I'm part Welsh as well!

To put a smilie up click on the little icon along the top of your message area that has a face and you can then chose which smilie you want from the selection that appears. Check out the animated and the old forum smilies as well! :smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back