Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm still looking for a m/h.
This morning went to local English owned garage to have a beeping reverse bulb fitted in my car and mentioned to the owner I'm looking for a motorhome.

Now (deep breath) just about 4 years ago my partner and I decided to buy a motorhome. I searched the internet, found just what we wanted and we checked it over, agreed to buy. But the owner was committed to a trip, so we said we'd wait (why???) We eventually collected it a few weeks later, proudly drove it home and were then delayed a further week. My partner was killed in a RTA the day before we were finally to set off.

I only drove it to bring it back to the Uk, then returned to France and sold it via garage as above (sorry this is a long story)

As I said this morning I was thinking about a m/h again, the guy looked a bit worried and then told me that "ours" is for sale again--the man he sold to swapping for a swish new car.

It felt so weird---do I buy it again? or do I think common sense and keep looking for something smaller as I intended?

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Ouch - what a story.

My instinct is the same as the other two, but maybe you want the association with your partner?

Whatever, the best of luck to you and I hope you enjoy your travels.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ahh what a sad story. My advice; there are so many vans for sale at the moment, buy one of those:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
walk away

agree with the others..walk away ...leave the memories as they were.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Buy a different one - or you will always be under the shadow of the event.

Celebrate his memory in a new one, travel the places you wanted to go and keep the memories in your heart fond ones:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
do what YOU think is the right thing, you are the one who has to use it see it every day and be reminded of what happened, personally I would not be tempted as your life has to move on but hey thats me not you, but be 101% sure or you probably will regret buying it later
any way good luck with whatever you do:thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Only you can decide and the decision you make will be the right one. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements