The Website said close to the beach, but...? (1 Viewer)

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Trawling for a site near Biarritz, I found this one. I've stayed on the aire at St Jean de Luz, but now we are tugging this looks comfy. However, the given location is causing me some concern... :eek:

inthesea.jpg

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We normally stay here on our way to Spain if any good to you.

Camping Larrouleta
+33 5 59 47 37 84
Another vote for Larrouleta! Not cheap, but they do accepts ACSI, and the welcome and facilities are damn near immaculate. And it is possible to walk to the Leclerc Hypermarket, for essential supplies, in about 15 minutes each way at a gentle pace.

Larrouletta will always have a special place in our affections; it's where we got locked out of our [new to us] touring caravan in a torrential rainstorm in the dark on a very wet and windy last Saturday evening in November 2019 ...

Me: 'Need to get some tools from Tig to get into the Van' ...
Elaine: 'You locked Tig's keys inside the Van ...' :unsure:

Steve & Elaine

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And, having done it twice, it's a days drive from Bonterra Park (with a wobbly box on tow) so, by default, Benny should be done in a day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
And, having done it twice, it's a days drive from Bonterra Park (with a wobbly box on tow) so, by default, Benny should be done in a day.
A long day,,,Mileage I did when working but not now I have retired and have no need to do..Couple of days through the Pyrenees and then two days to Benicasim for me.BUSBY.

davidroxburgh

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 16, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It is a great site. If you can get a pitch at the far end near the sea take it unless you are very long. There is a lovely seaside bar/ restaurant by the site which also has a good restaurant - but the site one shuts earlier than the beach one.
Further along the beach towards St Jean De Luz there is another beachside restaurant near another ACSI site we used to use but stopped after problems accessing site in wet weather.

When Erromardie is shut we too use Larouleta which has a covered heated small pool. We used it one December!

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Just arrived at Bonterra Park and it seems very busy. Haven’t seen this many Brit vans in a while.

So far, I have spotted two Morellos parked by us. Love the look of these vans. Will try and get an invite for a look around🧐

It will be interesting to see if the site is as good as you say.

Only paid 20 Euros with ACSI card.

Off to bar tonight for a a few beers and a catch up.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Just arrived at Bonterra Park and it seems very busy. Haven’t seen this many Brit vans in a while.

So far, I have spotted two Morellos parked by us. Love the look of these vans. Will try and get an invite for a look around🧐

It will be interesting to see if the site is as good as you say.

Only paid 20 Euros with ACSI card.

Off to bar tonight for a a few beers and a catch up.
Happy hour starts at 4 pm ... beer (OK draught lager) and (house) wine even cheaper

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It’s global warming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun