Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
I have now developed a style of waving that looks like a wave but morphs into a nose pick if there is no response.

Me too but mine is more of a nose pick that morphs into a wave. Dosn't half hurt if I get the timing wrong but the extra push can loosen the ones which are normally out of reach!

Every cloud ... eh?

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Ron always laughs at me as I wave like a lunatic at every motorhome/campervan and the like. I understand if a lone driver doesn't respond as they are likely too busy looking where they are going, but no excuse if the other half blanks me! Though I get quite upset when looking up from the map/phone/humbug to see a Moho fly past and missed giving a wave!

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Wifey moans at me when I do the enthusiastic wave and we are not in the van, just walking down the road!

'Darren, they don't know you have a van. They just think you are weird'

Brilliant! I've thought about doing that but I usually decide not to. Even if the van is parked just five minutes away it's still weird, unfortunately. Maybe we should invent our own greeting? Perhaps raising an imaginary g&t to the forehead in a saluting fashion?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We used to wave! It started so many years ago when as a "Motorhomer" you had left "Caravaning" then of course you were the odd one out as there was so few particulary if you travelled in Europe, no motorways, sat nav, few sites,couldn't afford breakdown,etc,etc, and if you met anyone similar on your travels you bonded,good times.

Why wave today? Toooooo many motorhomes to bother, and of course on site every Motorhomer "most" ignore each other,why?, they resort to form, in the main in the UK the majority of people don't even know their neighbours never mind talk to them.

Motorhoming is still a great way to Travel,Tour,Live, we have done it for decades and love it even though we are not wavers.

Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
I've just driven to Norwich,then across to Cambridge and back home to Liverpool - hardly anyone waved !

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
I like to wave all the time even PVC's as I can tend to pick them out in the distance ;) We need to start our own funster wave maybe like "wave and finish out with a thumbs up" :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
My wife really goes for it and we came across an equally enthusiastic waver in Somerset on Thursday night. It was a lady driving the other m/h and it was big waves and big smiles.(y)

And then she swerved into you....................................:rofl:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The Dutch are prolific wavers but only when at home in Holland, so the answer for us on our last trip was,(y)

And yes we avoided RSI!:D

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
I was waving like mad on Wednesday to and from Wittering much to my OH's embarrassment, he is a reserved chap. I found it quite difficult in the sun to see in the other MH cabs so don't think we've had a wave back yet! :cry:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We've had all sorts of vans from Romahomes:love: (our first love) to a monster Laika:mad: (our first hate).
When in the Romahome everyone waved at us even the Police!!!! (y)
Mrs BB swore they felt sorry for us:D

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We got one wave only from two vans we passed on the A75 today........but yesterday we were in Newton Stewart and there was a small Dethleffs parked up in the main street. Margaret smiled and looked in the window when we walked passed, but I felt embarrassed and said to her, they'll be saying, what does she thinks she's looking at, nosey so-and-so?:blush:

Out on the road we always wave, it's refreshing to get a wave back........some people wave with gusto, others just lift a finger (index most of the time):laughing:

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back