Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
We recently downsized from coachbuilts, which we have owned for some years, to a new Autosleeper van conversion.

We still wave at other motorhomes as frantically as ever!

But it does appear that quite a lot fewer wave back than did when we drove coachbuilts.

Perhaps we look too much like a van from the front????

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Most MHers are old gits with poor eyesight, thats why they cant see you are actually in a PVC and not white van men!:roflmto::reel::reel:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We recently downsized from coachbuilts, which we have owned for some years, to a new Autosleeper van conversion.

But it does appear that quite a lot fewer wave back than did when we drove coachbuilts.

It's very simple for us A class. Another A class, hand off the wheel and wave, C Class lift all fingers off the wheel to acknowledge their presence, conversion is just the index finger :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I tend not to wave when I am reading the newspaper as I keep losing my place in the text :Sad:

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok, I need to fess up......... What are coach built, A, B & C class? I should have asked years ago but felt a bit of a twit.:Doh: Now I've accepted I'm a twit and think what have I got to lose. It would be good to know what I drive.:Blush:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Ok, I need to fess up......... What are coach built, A, B & C class? I should have asked years ago but felt a bit of a twit.:Doh: Now I've accepted I'm a twit and think what have I got to lose. It would be good to know what I drive.:Blush:

U drive a camper van. Everything else is a motorhome. Nothing is a motorcaravan:winky:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Wave

Anyway I think is dangerous to wave. I might spill my coffee....:ROFLMAO:

And with coffee in one hand and a sandwich in the other, it would be difficult. Funniest one we have seen, a few years back, was an A class which we waved to, and as we did, a very large rabbit which they had on the top of the dash, raised both it's ears in reply. Made us smile. Wonder where they got it? It might even have been a Funster I suppose.::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
At last !!!

[HI]Most MHers are old gits with poor eyesight[/HI], thats why they cant see you are actually in a PVC and not white van men!:roflmto::reel::reel:
You miserable toe rag !!!:cry: Just because I am having my cataract op next week !:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Don't worry about it they're all Motorcaravans that's all you need to know. :thumb::thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
coachbuilt----is a motorhome that was built using a commercial vehicle chassis,

A class------- doesn't use the cab of the original vehicle and wasn't supplied with one, but has a full coachbuilt body and cab
C class---------includes the original cab with a coachbuilt body
PVC----------panel van conversion, was a van when it got fitted out inside as a camper van

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010

Jim created an article explaining all...

Broken Link Removed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a good place to read about all the strange terms is this glossary as posted by Jim
Broken Link Removed

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004

I think you need to change your MHF name immediately - you are now a campervan and that's why no-one waves to you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm frequently reminded by the OH of the time I waved to a bus (well it looked like a MH at a distance):Doh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We don't get as many waves now that we have a PVC, but I did get one the other day from another PVC owner! :thumb:

It isn't always easy to tell if a van is a PVC or just a van ... funny how van drivers don't wave back! :Blush:

Hubby once waved to an ambulance and has even been known when in the car to wave at motorhomers and campervanners!!!! :Blush::Doh:

I did consider buying one of those big sponge hands that people take to football matches to wave with but didn't fancy the thought of doing so whilst one of the dogs was trying to swing on it as they'd think it was a great game!!!! ::bigsmile:

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
We don't get as many waves now that we have a PVC, but I did get one the other day from another PVC owner! :thumb:

It isn't always easy to tell if a van is a PVC or just a van ... funny how van drivers don't wave back! :Blush:

Hubby once waved to an ambulance and has even been known when in the car to wave at motorhomers and campervanners!!!! :Blush::Doh:

I did consider buying one of those big sponge hands that people take to football matches to wave with but didn't fancy the thought of doing so whilst one of the dogs was trying to swing on it as they'd think it was a great game!!!! ::bigsmile:

Little C and I keep an eye out and try to be the first to spot a camper van (try explaining a b c class to a five year old and you'll understand why we call them all camper vans!). We then proceed to wave like nutters at them. :fatbuddha::fatbuddha::fatbuddha::fatbuddha:

I'm getting better at spotting PVCs now, but still tend to miss some until it's almost too late and just about manage to get my hand up for a quick wave as we draw alongside. ::bigsmile:riving2:

Little C says that the ones that don't wave are all grumpy and I tend to agree

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Strange

And with coffee in one hand and a sandwich in the other, it would be difficult. Funniest one we have seen, a few years back, was an A class which we waved to, and as we did, a very large rabbit which they had on the top of the dash, raised both it's ears in reply. Made us smile. Wonder where they got it? It might even have been a Funster I suppose.::bigsmile:

Imagine keeping supper on the dash???

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

I know it's been discussed before (can't remember the outcome) but might this be where a 'funsters' windscreen sun strip might come into its own...?

:Smile:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We wave!

Tuggers don't wave back :cry:
Some lorry drivers do :Smile:
and most motorhome drivers do ::bigsmile:

The local van delivery driver waves to me even if I'm walking - but then is a regular at my house

:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back