Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Yesterday the wait for our Kontiki 635 came to an end as we picked up our new van we are over the moon with it .
we spent our first night which I have to say was extremely comfortable at Home farm At Brent knoll Somerset A large site which was very nice, and friendly too ...the handover went extremely well and Max at West Country motorhomes was very thorough and showed us how everything worked etc but can't say we remember everything he told us so it's will be a little trial and error at times I suppose
. We have had a long drive back from Somerset to Cumbria today In very heavy traffic but now we are home we can get used to our van and the real fun begins ...roll on next weekend :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A great feeling when a dream becomes a reality, exciting times ahead.

Upvote 0

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Wow!! Congratulations @Barbara Hughes you must be over the moon.
I am a tad jealous as we have to wait till 09/07 to pick up our Bolero(y)
We are with you on that one! Ordered our Bolero last year been delayed 4 weeks hopefully being delivered tomorrow now handover on Friday! Good luck with your new MH let us know what you think to it! Just a tad excited.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Enjoy the fun times ahead. We are heading down to Somerset next week to meet up with friends we made while travelling in Spain. It's a great life isn't it? Glad you are pleased with your van(y)

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We are with you on that one! Ordered our Bolero last year been delayed 4 weeks hopefully being delivered tomorrow now handover on Friday! Good luck with your new MH let us know what you think to it! Just a tad excited.:)
Good luck with the handover. I hope it goes well.
Exciting times ahead for us both. How soon can you get away in it?
We are a bit frustrated as ours is with the dealer. In fact, we have "visited" it twice now but they are so busy, they can't get it into the workshop until 7th. Handover is not until 4pm on 9th and we are taking it away on 10th :)

Upvote 0

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
We are a bit frustrated as ours is with the dealer. In fact, we have "visited" it twice now but they are so busy, they can't get it into the workshop until 7th. Handover is not until 4pm on 9th and we are taking it away on 10th :)
It's a shame you have to wait if it's there but they are all seem to be very busy! Ours is due into the dealer tomorrow lets hope so then booked into the workshop on 1st July. We have planned our first trip abroad For 9 mths to France Spain and Portugal we leave on 9th August hope to get a few weekends/trial runs in before we go!
Good luck with your new home!

Upvote 0

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
It's a shame you have to wait if it's there but they are all seem to be very busy! Ours is due into the dealer tomorrow lets hope so then booked into the workshop on 1st July. We have planned our first trip abroad For 9 mths to France Spain and Portugal we leave on 9th August hope to get a few weekends/trial runs in before we go!
Good luck with your new home!

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Congrats on your new Motorhome. We waited 8 months for ours ,we have now had it 6 weeks.exciting times ahead.
Brian & Jo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Thankyou all for your lovely comments today our motorhome has been sat on the driveway all day ..door open beer in the fridge just like an open day ... family and friends have been coming and going all afternoon to see our new addition to the stable all seem impressed..I've been busy putting things in place ready for our first trip which will be about 30 miles away next Friday to the solway coast for the weekend.:clap2:But today we have travelled about 2,000 miles in our heads lol ..we hope to meet you all on our future travels :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
image.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
So sorry to learn of your delay we have been very fortunate we only ordered our van April and although we've had 5 different delivery dates we haven't waited too long the van came into the dealers last Monday and we picked it up on Friday so was really good ....I sympathise with you having to wait knowing it's already there

Upvote 0

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Have fun! Think we will be having an open day this weekend too! everyone is fascinated how we can live in a box on wheels and get everything in we need for 9 mths! There's more storage in a MH than my house!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back