The Very Generous Gift we could have done without (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It is two weeks since we left home to travel through a very cold and sometimes snowy France. When we reached Biarritz it was at last a little warmer and things were looking up.

We crossed into Spain with more snow although the roads weren’t affected. After an overnight stop at the super little Aire at Torquemada, just off the A62 motorway, we continued to Salamanca where we were meeting friends.

That was when the trouble started. Our ‘tugger’ friends arrived the next day and as he emerged from the car John said to keep our distance as he had a slight cough. Two days of non stop nattering and putting the world to rights and we went on our separate ways, north and home for them, south for us.

Two days later Kate started to cough with me following a day later. Now, almost a week later we both feel a bit like ‘death warmed up’ although things are improving. Why does a simple cold make you feel so rotten?

We are heading north up the Spanish coast making for Totana for Christmas and New Year. @jumartoo has a pitch held for us and we intended to arrive there tomorrow (Friday). We don’t want to spread germs and good cheer around the merry band at Camperstop Sierra Espuna so we are delaying our arrival by an extra day by which time we should be past the infectious stage.

If we seem a bit aloof and not as chatty as usual you will know why.

Richard & Kate

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can I catch anything just reading your post? If I do my anti-virus software has failed. :)
But commiserations on your afflictions. :(

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Theres a lot going around my wife has had the lurgy for 2 weeks so far I've escaped fingers still crossed!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
My grand children carry that many bugs that the government can use them in any germ warfare program thay want.
Since the beginning of October i think i have had every cold germ going got that bad that i have band the little dears unless thay are in chemical warfare bio hazerd kit
bill

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It is two weeks since we left home to travel through a very cold and sometimes snowy France. When we reached Biarritz it was at last a little warmer and things were looking up.

We crossed into Spain with more snow although the roads weren’t affected. After an overnight stop at the super little Aire at Torquemada, just off the A62 motorway, we continued to Salamanca where we were meeting friends.

That was when the trouble started. Our ‘tugger’ friends arrived the next day and as he emerged from the car John said to keep our distance as he had a slight cough. Two days of non stop nattering and putting the world to rights and we went on our separate ways, north and home for them, south for us.

Two days later Kate started to cough with me following a day later. Now, almost a week later we both feel a bit like ‘death warmed up’ although things are improving. Why does a simple cold make you feel so rotten?

We are heading north up the Spanish coast making for Totana for Christmas and New Year. @jumartoo has a pitch held for us and we intended to arrive there tomorrow (Friday). We don’t want to spread germs and good cheer around the merry band at Camperstop Sierra Espuna so we are delaying our arrival by an extra day by which time we should be past the infectious stage.

If we seem a bit aloof and not as chatty as usual you will know why.

Richard & Kate
Take care and hope you recover very soon it sounds fun at Totana!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Can you save us a space please Richard ?

We’ll be heading to Totana in early January.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Get all the laundry ready at Totana wishy washy is coming soon! :xrofl:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I have had a word with the Munchies and they are putting in isolation in the far corner for ten days

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
@Clarky sorry to hear you're suffering with a virus. We'll put you in quarentine! I couldn't reserve the place you wanted but a place will be available between Jenben and Armytwowheels from 21 Dec. So you can move across from a temporary (quarentine) place then if you want. It's just above where our house is, I think that's what you asked for?

Dose yourselves up tonight and we'll see you tomorrow. Would you like the corner place on top where you were last year as a temporary pitch?

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
If it's any consolation at all guys, we're in the same boat at Aguilas.
Worked dammed hard on the campsite all year without a single sniffle between us.
Get down here for 3 months chill and within 1 week I went down like a ton of bricks! Just getting over it and now ffi' has caught it!:xsad:
Sun's blazing down here and all we want to do is sleep!

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Get well soon.jpg

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
@Clarky sorry to hear you're suffering with a virus. We'll put you in quarentine! I couldn't reserve the place you wanted but a place will be available between Jenben and Armytwowheels from 21 Dec. So you can move across from a temporary (quarentine) place then if you want. It's just above where our house is, I think that's what you asked for?

Dose yourselves up tonight and we'll see you tomorrow. Would you like the corner place on top where you were last year as a temporary pitch?
Thank you Judith.
It will be Saturday when we arrive, not tomorrow. Gives us an extra day to get rid of the lurgy.
Absolutely anywhere will be fine with us. Moving over later between Armytwowheels and Jenben will be perfect. Thanks.

Really looking forward to seeing you all.

Richard & Kate.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Can you save us a space please Richard ?

We’ll be heading to Totana in early January.
Excellent!
Except...........it means I will now have clean some of the muck off our van before it gets completely shown up by a sparkling new N+B.

Richard.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hope you both recover asp mate,,,

Keep your chin up, tell Kate it's lucky she hasn't got manflue!! She'd be in trouble then! Lol xxx

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hope you both recover asp mate,,,

Keep your chin up, tell Kate it's lucky she hasn't got manflue!! She'd be in trouble then! Lol xxx
No, it’s me that has the manflue, verging on pneumonia, dropsy and anything else unpronounceable and nasty. :xsad:

Richard.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Too late!
The co-ordinates are in the sat-nag.
Like a traffic warden, once the details are entered it’s too late to cancel. :xgrin:

Richard.

it is OK we have the barbed around you pitch with machine gun emplacements on each corner to keep you in!

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Absolutely anywhere will be fine with us. Moving over later between Armytwowheels and Jenben will be perfect. Thanks.
Sorry - change of plan as we’ve already negotiated an upgrade to move us to that pitch, but you will be welcome to our old one assuming you pass all quarantine checks:)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sorry - change of plan as we’ve already negotiated an upgrade to move us to that pitch, but you will be welcome to our old one assuming you pass all quarantine checks:)

Have you got ants in your pants! That'll be your third pitch :xlaugh:.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Well thanks for that bit of good news @airwave. :xangry: :xsurprised:
Had the lurgy for just over a week now and it is getting better. It was contracted about 1500 miles south of Luton so probably safe to say it’s a different bug.

We are now safely ensconced in an out of the way corner at Totana ( just a pair of Dutchies next door:xgrin:) and have held cordial conversations with Funsters from a safe distance.
Peace, quiet and warm sun should speed recovery.

Richard.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Our ‘tugger’ friends arrived the next day and as he emerged from the car John said to keep our distance as he had a slight cough. Two days of non stop nattering and putting the world to rights and we went on our separate ways,

Perhaps that was a clue?

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Perhaps that was a clue?
It sure was!
But you know what it’s like when you meet up with old friends many miles from home.
Corks are pulled, the woes of the world are put right and many hours are spent in the close confines of each other’s vans.
Pidly little problems like a slight cough don’t come into it................until days later. :xangry:
Still, we enjoyed our couple of days together.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back