The Travelling Tortoise

Discussion in 'Pets' started by thehutchies, May 11, 2009.

1. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

Ratings:
    +1,961
    [​IMG]

Just back from nine days in a Welsh field.

The perfect motorhome pet - spends most of the day either asleep or buried in a hedgerow, eats anything (stuff that would make a maggot retch) and when it's exercise time, we stand there, glass in hand, and watch her have a good, intensive 20 metre workout!

P.S. note the teepees, circus and theatre tents. Yes, it was a Caravan Club site...

2. ralphman

ralphman

Ratings:
    +19
    travelling tortoise

hahahaha i love it, much easier than a dog doh ! wish i'd thought of it , i used to have a tortoise when i was young who had a penchance for jam sandwiches & used to chase our cat ( i use the term chase loosely) :)

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

Ratings:
    +6,136
    in maroc they run out in the road and try to hold up camper vans like highway men. make a mess when a big truck doesnt stop . they are quicker than a moroccan on a mobilette though. cheers alan.

4. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Ratings:
    +2
    Do you play fetch with it ?

5. ralphman

ralphman

Ratings:
    +19
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:really graham !!! throwing tortoises in a game of fetch !! :Eeek:

6. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Ratings:
    +2
    Vroom, Vroom

7. madbluemad

madbluemad Banned

Ratings:
    +244
    I went to buy two tortoises. They were no bigger than the palm of my hand. I was put off by the amount of equipment that I was going to have to buy for them to live in and the amount of looking after that they would have needed.

I remeber having tortoises when I was a kid and we fed them on lettuce and that was it. I was shocked at the change.

Apparentley they are well sought after because they are forever being stolen which isnt surprising at the amount of money they cost, about £300.00 each:whatthe:

Jim
    :Smile:

8. ralphman

ralphman

Ratings:
    +19
    £300 :Eeek: blimey, they're £145 down saarf ! like you said, they used to eat anything and ours used to hibernate in the compost heap ! not that you wld want to take a compost heap with u of course, a box of straw maybe,
    thieves nick anything these days , theres a spate of cat stealing going on at the moment and they just leave the cats miles away, i guess because it's a laugh to those with low morals :Angry: