The Tour Is On... I Love Being On The Road. (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Every Princess deserves a treat from time to time...

20140819_140336_zps4e76f946.jpg

and relaxation...

20140819_142124_zpscef8a3a3.jpg

Still in Praia Da Rocha.

Still sunny and warm.

JJ and Frankie :cool:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Looks lovely, good to see he is still an old romantic.:love:
;) Never seen LOVE HEART ice cream wafers before. :ROFLMAO:

We are counting the days, it was like winter here this morning, o_O had long trousers on. :cry:
(y) Bob and Janie.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You will need to increase your payload on Max if he keeps feeding you like that Frankie (I must explain this is a joke Frankie and not to be taken literally )I got in trouble before for not explaining this
59797.gif

It looks like you two are having a lovely time:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Oh if you only knew me John ...... You would know that I certainly don't need JJ to put weight on ! :LOL: ! In my family it is a permanent joke ... "Oh you're having a birthday meal ...ok ... who's coming? Well you better have loads if Frankie is invited ....:rolleyes: "
Always been like that so .... I am on permanent diet in between birthdays Christmas and summer holidays ... otherwise I would have to change clothes every 3 months or so.... I'm terrible with food! But at least you never have to worry with me as I eat really anything, just happy to discover what I don't know!:)(y):p

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Algarve visit finished.

Have headed north and stopped at the charming council campsite in Alcacer do Sal.

Only had one pitch but plenty of room for both of us...

20140820_182711_zps9f7e3e0d.jpg

20140820_182714_zps570d98d4.jpg

Apparently Frankie wants a long, long shower!

Not very off-site rufty tufty but hey... it's her holiday.

With the campsite fee you also get a pass for the swimming pool.

I would quite like a dip but I don't think it would be fair to reveal my temple like, ripped body to all these skinny bronzed lads and their girlfriends. They would just get jealous.

JJ and Frankie. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Last night (Thurs), having arranged a visit for Max to the Hymer Hospital to have some preventive maintenance welding done on the nearside, rear jacking point,
we spent a very peaceful night just outside Estudio 33, Ansiao.

Several visiting Funsters have overnighted here in the recent past.

Up early and put Max into the hostpital.

20140822_093240_zpsd2c1a49f.jpg

Two hours later Max feels much better with his old, rusty, sticky out "thingy" cut off and a new, made to measure "wotsit" welded into place.

All this done for Portuguese prices... not posh Spanish or French prices!

Then we decide to spend the last two nights of the tour at probably our favourite campsite 40 kms down the road.

20140822_134338_zps9e9b28ce.jpg

20140822_134412_zpsdc19ce15.jpg

A bite of lunch...

A little liedown...

And then off for a dip in the (quiet) pool with dinner at the (small) onsite restaurant this evening.

http://campismo-o-tamanco.com

JJ and Frankie :cool:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Bugger... spelt "hospital" incorrectly.

:swear2:

JJ :cool:
You worry too much JJ, I never saw it till you pointed it out. Clearly you'r too chilled out. :LOL: Enjoy!

Reactions: JJ
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Well ..... tomorrow I'll be off, on my way home!

What a nice trip and how I would have loved it to last much longer.

But Stadium is waiting for me on the 28th early morning!

As a beginner I have posted on Beginners forum . It is not a MUST to read of course , just a few little things to start with as for what I found easy or difficult or worrying or just joyful .
I hope Max won't let me down on my way back. Will let you know anyway as I can have internet in Europe 15 days /year and will use it.
First night on the way back will be at Malcata Portugal. Then Fuentas Blancas in Burgos Spain, then Camping Larouletta in Urrugne France to finally end at home on the 27th !

I hope next travel will head me towards Parc Verger where I hope I'll meet lots of Funsters!

Amicalement à tous!

Frankie:):)

PS : Merci à mon ange gardien qui a veillé sur moi pendant ces 3 semaines!
Come on JJ make a little effort the other way round and find what I wrote just for you (well nearly ...lol!)!:love:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi JJ how far before you get back to QMJ or are you near enough there ?Hope Frankie & Max has a safe uneventful trip home ;)
terry

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am in the QMJ/Studio area now.

Just have to finish a "project" for a friend and then some work grass/fern/bramble cutting at QMJ and then back touring again until Sept 15th...

Frankie and Max near Castelo Branco now...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Enjoyed following your travels, safe journey home Frankie, JJ look forward to following your Rufty Tufty adventures. :Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I have arrived at my 1st stop over which is at Malcata Portugal . About 50 kms away from Spanish border. Tomorrow will be a bit longer , about 420 kms to Burgos where I have booked in a campsite.

It's very quiet and I am all on my own.... I miss a big voice.... moaning...:(

Time flies .... you never realise it until you have to look back ....

Max has been a good boy up to now... so he deserves his rest!

Amicalement

Frankie:cool:

PS : I'll be in chat for a few minutes ...if anyone wants a chat!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Arrived at Fuentas Blancas! I should add...AT LAST!
I don't know what happened (have to check this really!) but the coordinates I entered drove me to the N120 but the other way round (yes I did put North and West...Just in case you wonder:whistle:... I know I am bad with computers but I can talk to a GPS...most times at least!)

So there..... I was told to turn right and obviously the room between the 2 houses I was facing had nothing to do with Fuentas Blancas way in, which is HUGE!
I knew the second "Juliette" said ...and you have reached your destination on your right.... something was going wrong ! Arrrrgggggggg I was meant to have a nice rest at maximum 4.15 pm and where was I ? I had no idea ! Not far from Burgos though but no trees in the distance!.... and I knew the campsite had lots of trees , as we(JJ and I) had met up with Marie and Rex PenelopePitstop 3 years ago (Oh Dear ... already!)We had a fabulous evening there with them just before meeting up again 3 days later in Quinta Majay!
So I stopped right in between the 2 houses , got connected (thanks God for internet.... it is very useful sometimes) and looked up again where the campsite was , and instead of coordinates , I put the address... Grrrrrrrrrrr 18 kms away!
Off we go.... Max had a little groan, and I got perfectly alright he's got a problem with heating the diesel when the tank is full (I feel I'll have a few more expenses when back home ......Oh Max really.....another tantrum? just before work starts again ! Wallet won't be happy too I guess... Ah well.....I wonder if magicians are that magic? Do you think they can add a zero (before the coma of course) when needed ??:sneaky::p:p )

Anyway... after having followed (like a good girl) all the instructions given by Juliette , I found myself (along with Max!)in the center of Burgos.... a tad in a panic as cars were everywhere except where expected! Juliette was going mad , trying to plan another route each time I was obeying her orders.... depressing hey?
I decided then to park ASAP and found a nice man (quite handsome and very keen to help I must say;):LOL:) who explained me the way very kindly. Then it started to get complicated so he decided to make a draw so I won't get lost! Off we were again .....And believe it or not,all of a sudden Juliette found her way (I can hear JJ say ...yeah right!:D)

A few signs on the way helped me too, and here I am now , on my own ...quite at the end of the campsite . They have loads of free pitches so I was told I could choose. I am in the shade and the wind is gently blowing my curtains away. I have a whole shower block just for me..... no one in the area ... well up to now!
A bit expensive though ... 22 euros pitch van +1 Adult and electricity.

I wonder what tomorrow is planning for me ..... and even more , what Max has in mind.....o_O

Amicalement

Frankie:):):cool:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We know how you feel we have stayed there and also got hopelessly lost trying to find it.

But pleased you have arrived safely.(y)

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I leave the UK on Sunday for sunnier climes and this excellent post has inspired me. Thanks to the both of you and safe travels. Lovely posts.
John

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well done Frankie! You got here in the end!!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Finally reached the French border at about 1.15 pm!
Traffic jam was quite important and slowed me down, especially at the tolls!
Lots of lorries and French people going back home!!

There was a lot of wind too in Spain and Max was pushed and pulled from one side of the lane to the other, I had to grip the steering wheel!

Now on my pitch.... a bit too near to the French family but my fault ! I parked much nearer then I thought . In fact I thought the pitch was smaller ..... and no ! Feeling too lazy now to move....that will do for one night!

I ordered a very French meal (Poulet Basquaise/frites....MMMmmmmmmm) at the little restaurant and took it away to have it peacefully in my motorhome.
Now chilling with a glass of red wine I bought in Spain .... this is going to end with a nap I bet!

Amicalement

Frankie:cool:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Safe travels Frankie,
Am I am bashing away at the laptop keyboard...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't worry about that ! Get the strimming done before we get there, ;) you know I have a bad back. :whistle:
Safe trip Frankie enjoy your nap. ;) Red wine has the same affect on me. :sleep: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back