The Spanish Job - message for those that are coming!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Them that come from up norf,, after you come off the M5 and pick up the A38... signposted Plymouth... about 10 miles out of plymouth on the A38 on the left hand side is a huge garden centre (Endsleigh Garden Centre) not far after the garden centre is a sign to Lee Mill just before this sign is a big Black & White Sign saying Overnight Parking for Lorries - Caravans & Motorhomes..

Thanks for that - I drove past this sign about a month ago and made a mental note to find out more when I got back. Being a mental note, I promptly forgot about it.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Just a silly thought!

If anyone plays a musical instrument - no matter how badly :ROFLMAO:- why not bring it with you!

We could get a Funster jam session going - who knows what will transpire!:ROFLMAO:

Rex has a Bodhran and a Flamenco Drum with him and drumsticks and is itching to play!!!:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Was thinking of visiting but with the latest news I might have to wash my hair instead...

(mind you the drummer will be good...)

JJ:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Was thinking of visiting but with the latest news I might have to wash my hair instead...

(mind you the drummer will be good...)

JJ:ROFLMAO:

Of course he will!!! Come on and join us!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4uxCNKU5bU[/ame]

This was Burn's night January 2010!:Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dover to Dunkirk on the 15th of Jan ..
Say three days tootle so should be there the 18th with luck

I can play God Save the Queen on a formula one engine, and get get a decent rendition of lots of other stuff out of the radio and or CD player.. that is about the limit of my musical ability :cry:

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
:thumb:Thats it ...we've booked the ferry for the 12th Dec! Checked the deck-plan and, would you believe it, looks like we're down in the bowels somewhere, and the dogs are in the penthouse suite! Sounds about normal! Still getting over the shock of the O.H. letting me use his debit card to book it; he must be desperate! Anyway, if MS. Pitstop is there, that's Tim & Joy McMahon (and two small dogs) arriving around the 15th (all going well!). Our mh is 12feet long (plus one and a half inches!) and we have a drive-away awning which takes another 8feet and has to go on the back (cos' Tim can't climb out of the window with his walking stick!).
Still hav'n't actually got the van back (they received the wrong exhaust and have to change it) but they have lent me a nice little rover to toddle around in over the weekend so must'n't complain!

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
:thumb:Thats it ...we've booked the ferry for the 12th Dec! Checked the deck-plan and, would you believe it, looks like we're down in the bowels somewhere, and the dogs are in the penthouse suite! Sounds about normal! Still getting over the shock of the O.H. letting me use his debit card to book it; he must be desperate! Anyway, if MS. Pitstop is there, that's Tim & Joy McMahon (and two small dogs) arriving around the 15th (all going well!). Our mh is 12feet long (plus one and a half inches!) and we have a drive-away awning which takes another 8feet and has to go on the back (cos' Tim can't climb out of the window with his walking stick!).
Still hav'n't actually got the van back (they received the wrong exhaust and have to change it) but they have lent me a nice little rover to toddle around in over the weekend so must'n't complain!

Great news Joy! Look forward to meeting you and Tim!:Smile:

How long are you staying with us at Zahora?

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Hi thanks! Barring persistant monsoons, we thought we'd stay a month or so, and then have a look around Jaen where we're thinking of relocating one day. Is there a min. time to qualify for the cheap rate? we're not wealthy!

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi thanks! Barring persistant monsoons, we thought we'd stay a month or so, and then have a look around Jaen where we're thinking of relocating one day. Is there a min. time to qualify for the cheap rate? we're not wealthy!

It's €300 for 1 month stay - €275 a month for 2 months stay and €250 a month for 3 months and over stay!

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Hi, Was intending spending the night in the port (I am famous for getting lost in the last few miles) and I have a brother who lives at Paignton that I really owe a visit so I thought we'd dive in there for an hour or two Saturday evening (he's working during the day), then grope my way down to the ferry port and park up for the night. That way I won't stay awake all night worrying about getting to the boat on time! Thanks for the info though. Also have another brother at Yeovil and a daughter in Bude who think we should be able visit them enroute too! We may have to leave here on Friday to fit them all in!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sprouts

'er indoors would like to know how good the Brussels sprouts are in the supermarket or do we bring own own.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Folk music and Brian with sprouts in him? :Blush:

I really am starting to re-think some of my December plans..

Here today... blown away tomorrow... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
'er indoors would like to know how good the Brussels sprouts are in the supermarket or do we bring own own.

Sorry Brian I haven't got a clue - we hate the things!! ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shouldn't she have them simmering away by now? They'll never be ready for Christmas Day else!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
sprouts

Having spoken to my (betterhalf) best advice is bring your own, fresh are hard to find and frozen mucho dinero, have a good trip down. All the best Trev and Sue:thumb:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
xmas

Hi Marie, we will be arriving about 2.30 24th dec,that is Trev and Sue Cadwallader,camper touch over 5meters,Titchie the Spanish patio rat (our excuse for a dog) will also be in residance, we have an acsi card,and look forward to meeting you all. It is a possibility that we may arrive a couple of days earlier due to time in leui but that depends on who decides to be ill whether i can take it,could you check for me please that the restaurant will be open Christmas day, planned time to stay at moment 5 days.(a pitch in the vicinity of the dog walk would be handy) save titchie piddling up every tree tyre or plant pot on route:ROFLMAO:..I can manage the walk to the bar easier than him to dog walk All the best Trev Sue and titchie:thumb:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Marie, we will be arriving about 2.30 24th dec,that is Trev and Sue Cadwallader,camper touch over 5meters,Titchie the Spanish patio rat (our excuse for a dog) will also be in residance, we have an acsi card,and look forward to meeting you all. It is a possibility that we may arrive a couple of days earlier due to time in leui but that depends on who decides to be ill whether i can take it,could you check for me please that the restaurant will be open Christmas day, planned time to stay at moment 5 days.(a pitch in the vicinity of the dog walk would be handy) save titchie piddling up every tree tyre or plant pot on route:ROFLMAO:..I can manage the walk to the bar easier than him to dog walk All the best Trev Sue and titchie:thumb:

Hi Trev and Sue

You should be able to choose your own pitch - the site won't be anywhere near full (fingers crossed!). I'm just trying to give the owners an idea of what is happening! :Smile:

I'll have to check up on what is happening re the restaurant - not heard anything yet!

Dog walk?? Don't have one of those here - you just take Titchie around the site and pick up the necessary!:Smile:

Look forward to seeing you!

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Thanks Marie if you could let us know about restaurant that would be great and the dog walk is to take the dogs out of the gates up past tennis courts and into woods and hope nobody shuts gate on you (as happend last year:ROFLMAO:) ok beddie bys for me off to Jaen to collect old mule for sanctuary at 6.30 tomorrow,cheers Trev.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Thanks Marie if you could let us know about restaurant that would be great and the dog walk is to take the dogs out of the gates up past tennis courts and into woods and hope nobody shuts gate on you (as happend last year:ROFLMAO:) ok beddie bys for me off to Jaen to collect old mule for sanctuary at 6.30 tomorrow,cheers Trev.

No chance of getting locked out now - there is a length of rope attached to assist you in getting back in!:Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

Asked about the restaurant this morning - sorry to say it's closed on 24th and 25th!:Sad:
Will ask about others in the area though!

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO:cry:Sue on phone at moment so cant pass on bad news,thanks for asking, Trev,(she will kill me):Sad:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO:cry:Sue on phone at moment so cant pass on bad news,thanks for asking, Trev,(she will kill me):Sad:

You'll have to be inventive about Christmas Dinner!!:Smile:
A couple of years ago some of us went into Conil (about 6 miles away) to the Chinese for lunch - was just an ordinary day to them!

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Wot no xmas dinner?

Well thats it, he promised me I wouldnt have to cook xmas day, and as we only have 2 burners and a toy size grill in the van it may have to be a bbq. Pray for good weather. Sadly making Trev cook is not an option, in 21 years of marriage he has managed to avoid cooking anything more than toast. He reckons he cant drive a cooker !! :RollEyes: There must be a spanish restaurant somewhere near that will be open, even in our village the spanish like to go out to eat on 25th. Still looking forward to coming and meeting you all on xmas eve. Sue :thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
PP, I would just like to say that I'm following this thread with great excitement and not without a good bit of envy. I can almost feel the tingling anticipation as I approach southern Spain. My problem is that I am joined to my family at the hip and just couldn't be away for Christmas. Also, because of the dog, we would have to do the Dover/Calais crossing which would mean a really long drive and all that entails. I will just sit here, follow the thread, and dream. I bet I'm not alone. I love seeing that you are all having such a fantastic time. Maybe we could manage January but that would mean spending the kids inheritance. Hmmmmm!

Ivy

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
PP, I would just like to say that I'm following this thread with great excitement and not without a good bit of envy. I can almost feel the tingling anticipation as I approach southern Spain. My problem is that I am joined to my family at the hip and just couldn't be away for Christmas. Also, because of the dog, we would have to do the Dover/Calais crossing which would mean a really long drive and all that entails. I will just sit here, follow the thread, and dream. I bet I'm not alone. I love seeing that you are all having such a fantastic time. Maybe we could manage January but that would mean spending the kids inheritance. Hmmmmm!

Ivy

Glad you're enjoying the thread!
Come on Ivy - the kids don't need an inheritance - we've spent ours!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There are kennels on the Portsmouth to Santander ferry!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back