The Spanish Job - message for those that are coming!! (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Alright then "God J.J.",,,,, answer fossle60`s question about dogs and muzzles on board ship..

No,,, cant,,, I`m losing faith in you,, thought you could walk on water.. :winky: ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi, Has anyone taken dogs across on this crossing? Website says dogs have to wear muzzles between vehicle and kennels (and presumably when being exercised) so does anyone know what type? Our two are going to take a dim view of it and may need to get used to the idea!

Its a problem and personally I take a very dim view of it, so much so that I woudnt do it. We will go Dover - Calais and then drive.
Jim
:Smile:

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Dog muzzles

Probably have to ring! Did a bit of costing re Calais v Santander and petrol-wise plus staying somewhere safe for an extra 3 nights there's nothing in it cost-wise. Adding to that having to travel an extra 3 days with my impatient OH ("Are we going to spend all day in this thing etc..."). I only have an 970cc engine so we need to give it a rest every couple of hours so it'll have to be Santander. One of our dogs only has one bottom front tooth and they're both under 12" high so the muzzles will be purely cosmetic anyway!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
so it'll have to be Santander. One of our dogs only has one bottom front tooth and they're both under 12" high so the muzzles will be purely cosmetic anyway!

And don't forget 1600 or so miles wear and tare saved.

We once had Chihuahua, he used to go for Alsatians. They couldn't tell where the noise was coming from, scared them to death. In the end I had him put down, he was old and getting grumpy and my daughter still has the scar where he bit her, couldn't risk a second attempt.

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
One of ours is a chihuahua x pug, and the toothless one is a llapso x yorkie but they're sweet-natured tho' not scared to bark at anything, just hide if it gets too close! They're no trouble traveling tho' unlike O.h. who gets twitchy after opening time and despite two dodgy hips and a crumbling knee can still sniff out the nearest bar within 10 seconds of my applying the handbrake!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
One of ours is a chihuahua x pug, and the toothless one is a llapso x yorkie but they're sweet-natured tho' not scared to bark at anything, just hide if it gets too close! They're no trouble traveling tho' unlike O.h. who gets twitchy after opening time and despite two dodgy hips and a crumbling knee can still sniff out the nearest bar within 10 seconds of my applying the handbrake!

Women, constantly moaning at the easy life men have, "you should have a baby". Yeh, yeh. But the truth is, they have no idea how we suffer.

The good news is, Dame Penelope says the site supermarket has passable wind in boxes for about one Euro. Not what she's consider letting the staff clean the silver with in the UK but in foreign parts a Dame must do what a Dame must do.

There is a rumour that after a few Euro's worth Dame Penelope does a passable rendition of "There is nothing like a Dame" with Sir Ralph accompanying her on his silver spoons.

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Can't wait!! However, much as I enjoy being on here have things to do and places to be if we're ever going to get anywhere so bye for now, and happy chatting to you all! Joy

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
And don't forget 1600 or so miles wear and tare saved.

I don't get it !!!

One of the joys of motorhoming for me is driving along taking in an ever changing scene out side my windows, stopping whenever I feel like it (or to give lifts to hitch hiking blondes).

IMO that is why God gave motorhomes wheels.

Had he wanted us to float around on (sometimes very) wobbly blue stuff he would have made us sailors and we would all be on a Sailing Fun website asking about spinnikers and charts...

Dover-Calais Rools, ok?

JJ

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't get it !!!
JJ

That's because you are young and fit with a very fit RWD motorhome. Bloke in question has a MH towed by two dogs each under 12" high in their high heels.

Me. Mid December, maybe glorious winter scenes through France, maybe crawling through snow with a useless FWD and keen to sample Paradise, with the hot sun, the pink flamingos gently stirring the air so we don't get too hot, swimming in the warm water, a glass of cool beer sat in the pool bar, even the Germans are courteous and offer sun loungers to aging Brits.

fred1721

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Retford,Notts
Funster No
Exp
Zahora

Hi everyone.

Decided to come on our first outing with the Funsters.

Attending will be:

Fred1721(Fred & Jenny Richardson)
Approx 9th January for 30+ days
Motorhome 7m

Alan1949(Alan Richardson)
Approx 9th January for 30+ days
Motorhome 7m

Looking forward to meeting you all keep the kettle boiling.:thumb::thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Dame Penelope = Pied Piper.

Will there be anybody left here in Blighty?:roflmto:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Marie I did try to get Phil to join us but I made a big mistake by mentioning he had to get his wallet out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I wish you'd stop saying those horrible words "Wallet and out" it makes me feel faint!:ROFLMAO:

Have a great time all of you :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Would be interested to learn...

A) the camp site's policy on visitors not staying on the site visiting friends who are on the site...

B) The rules for motorised bicycles on the site. Are thy allowed?

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Would be interested to learn...

A) the camp site's policy on visitors not staying on the site visiting friends who are on the site... Don't see that being a problem if you leave your van outside!!!

B) The rules for motorised bicycles on the site. Are thy allowed? Yes - people ride motorbikes on the site!

JJ :Cool:

Please give us warning JJ then we can make sure we are out - er - I mean in!!!

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Excuse me Brian but the 'bloke' with the 12" dogs happens to be a female, and actually I'm a terrible sailor despite having lived on boats at various times but would rather risk a rough crossing than take the longer route. Whatever the weather my hubby will be in the bar sinking his pints, oblivious to all those throwing up around him! It would be different were it warm weather and we could take our time but France is going to be as cold as here in December and a lot of Spain will be too. I'm just hoping there are not too many mountains to climb or we'll never get out of first gear! Cheers Joy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Excuse me Brian but the 'bloke' with the 12" dogs happens to be a female,

I'm just hoping there are not too many mountains to climb or we'll never get out of first gear! Cheers Joy

Ah, sorry Joy.

Loads of mountains. Nothing like Switzerland though and plenty of flat bits between them.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Please give us warning JJ then we can make sure we are out - er - I mean in!!!

Sorry... no warning... not having you lot all hiding... happened too many times before...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Won't be any time soon though...

...now where is my Santa Claus outfit and how do I fit those antlers on the Solex...

JJ

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
No problem! Just hope I can get up enough speed downhill to get up the other side! Not heard from the garage yet so I spose bits of my van are still flying around the country! I'm a bit worried if it's parked in their yard too long I may get squatters!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Not sure if this is any interest to those that are doing the run down to Lady P`s $$$$ up..

Sunday the 12th December sailing from Plymouth to Santandar 9am depart..

Them that come from up norf,, after you come off the M5 and pick up the A38... signposted Plymouth... about 10 miles out of plymouth on the A38 on the left hand side is a huge garden centre (Endsleigh Garden Centre) not far after the garden centre is a sign to Lee Mill just before this sign is a big Black & White Sign saying Overnight Parking for Lorries - Caravans & Motorhomes..

I have not used it and know nowt about it or how much they charge.. but could be usefull for them that are coming any distance. And getting the early ferry. :thumb:

I have just googled it and I think it is in the grounds of Lee Mill Cafe..as far as I can see it is the next turning past the Jet Petrol Station,, doubt they have electric.

If not this trip might be of some use for the futore.. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun