The Spanish Job - Let the FUN begin!! (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Old Mo!
A Sunday crossing appealed to me too because of the early arrival time. Don't fancy blundering around in the dark in a strange area. Have never been to north Spain. As we are only just over 12ft long they'll probably park us sideways and save a space!! If they charge £60 for an extra foot any chance of a reduction for us little uns do you think?!

Hi fossle60,,, It`s an easy port to get out of,, one main drag out to get to where we are heading,,

We are aiming for Salamanca,, nice site on the edge of the city,, if it`s nice weather wise we may stay a couple of days,, even though we take a car, we hop on the bus at the site entrance and nip into the City/Town.. If I remember it was 1 euro per person from site to town centre and the same on the return..

If you do go and go to that site (Hotel Reggio) as you drive onto the fore court, the hotel is on the left,, you have to book in at the hotel as the camp site office closes over the winter. the site is straight in front of you.. oodles of space and nice clean modern wc/shower blocks.. :thumb:

Hope you can make it,,, it sounds like it has all the makings of a good friendly get together,, :drink::wine::beer::beerchug::man_in_love::sin:

As long as we can keep "Marie" off the bottle,, should be ok.. :winky:

ps,,, If they charge £60 for an extra foot any chance of a reduction for us little uns do you think?![/ Take your bumpers off and put them inside till you disembark.. :winky:::bigsmile:

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Thanks for the info. Just waiting for our van to emerge from the garage, and hoping they manage to gather all the bits. The radiator reconing seems a bit of a performance, half the cost is posting it back and forth! Hope there's not a post strike! As for the demon drink, my OH will be the old boy with the long hair fighting his way to the bar with his walking stick! I do the driving, he does the drinking! Don't think I'll allow him a bottle of wine in the front when we're driving through Spain though in case there's any short-sighted coppers about who don't realise we're rhd!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back