The Spanish Job - Final Planning (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am working very, very hard to see how I can upset you all and get down there and join in all the frivolous jollity..

How hard can it be, Oh Please! you are already half way there.

Can you bring your 750, I've always fancied a ride on one.

Get yer finger out, we've done all the planning for you.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
How hard can it be, Oh Please! you are already half way there.

Can you bring your 750, I've always fancied a ride on one.

Get yer finger out, we've done all the planning for you.

Be nearer than you think Brian after Sunday,, going to Seaunce for a few days, then back home to see if we are changing the RV for a Eurovan then one way or another down to join you. :thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Be nearer than you think Brian after Sunday,, going to Seaunce for a few days, then back home to see if we are changing the RV for a Eurovan then one way or another down to join you. :thumb:

Great stuff! Look forward to seeing you there! :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes Brian, the stops do look attractive
28th Oct Santander to Santillana 22 miles
29th Oct Santillana to Salamanca 222 miles
30th Oct Salamanca to Caceres 128 miles
31st Oct Caceres to Zahora 260 miles

That will be Plan B if the weather is poor.

but we know what's waiting for us at the other end!!

You do realise this is YOUR Manifesto. No dodging your responsibilities. Looks like promised sauna will be your van, full heat on and the kettle.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
You do realise this is YOUR Manifesto. No dodging your responsibilities. Looks like promised sauna will be your van, full heat on and the kettle.[/QUOTE]

Just like it is today then! I've got a stinking cold and I'm sat in the van with my coat on and the heating blasting out! I think Rex will start stripping off soon!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Great stuff! Look forward to seeing you there! :thumb::thumb:

Dont think we have met "Marie", look forwards to it.. :thumb:

If any one wants anything bringing down shout before we leave.. Gonna bring a car on a trailer,, is there room to park a trailer?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

If any one wants anything bringing down shout before we leave.. Gonna bring a car on a trailer,, is there room to park a trailer?

No,we haven't met - yet! :Smile:

There shouldn't be a problem with parking a trailer - most of the time you'd be able to park it on the next pitch - when it's busy you'd probably have to move it somewhere else, there's loads of room on the site though!

When are you planning on arriving?

Shall I put you on the list??

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago

eerr! rear axle for our 5th wheel?:Doh:

Ant & Debs

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
eerr! rear axle for our 5th wheel?:Doh:

Ant & Debs

What weight ?? If we can strap it on the 4 wheel car trailer or better if it is in bits, we will try.. :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

No,we haven't met - yet! :Smile:

There shouldn't be a problem with parking a trailer - most of the time you'd be able to park it on the next pitch - when it's busy you'd probably have to move it somewhere else, there's loads of room on the site though!

When are you planning on arriving?

Shall I put you on the list??

We are hoping for the first week in December.. Will let you know for definate in a week or so, if that is ok with you..

Could you eye up a plot near to a toilet/shower shower block for our disabled son if poss.
Thanks Marie.. XX

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We are hoping for the first week in December.. Will let you know for definate in a week or so, if that is ok with you..

Could you eye up a plot near to a toilet/shower shower block for our disabled son if poss.
Thanks Marie.. XX

I'm trying to establish how many are coming and when so that when we get there I can speak to Carmen about numbers!!! There's always loads of room though!:Smile:

How long is your van? We'll have a look at pitches for you!:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
PenelopePitstop How long is your van? We'll have a look at pitches for you!:Smile:[/COLOR said:
[/SIZE][/FONT]

30ft + 17ft car trailer,, but if we do the deal on a Euro-van 29ft, so much the same really.

Thanks
Maurice.

Ant&Debs,, I meant it if the axle can be got to my place we will bring it,, be a lot easier if the hubs/stub axles are taken off and stored separate.. If I remember correctly my 5th wheel had a box section, so that would chain/rope under the car on the trailer. We would not need the car till we got there so it could be well secured with locks and chains.

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
30ft + 17ft car trailer,, but if we do the deal on a Euro-van 29ft, so much the same really.

Thanks
Maurice.

Ant&Debs,, I meant it if the axle can be got to my place we will bring it,, be a lot easier if the hubs/stub axles are taken off and stored separate.. If I remember correctly my 5th wheel had a box section, so that would chain/rope under the car on the trailer. We would not need the car till we got there so it could be well secured with locks and chains.

Thanks your a real gent, will let you know, just waiting for paul to get back to me.

Ant & Debs

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks your a real gent, will let you know, just waiting for paul to get back to me.

Ant & Debs

Is that Paul of Cross/Country?

He has my mobile ask him to give me a bell..

I`ll pm you my landline just in case you need it and I will drop Paul a note once you confirm it`s the same guy..:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Ant&Debs,,,, been in touch with Paul,, all sorted,, he is going to bring a replacement axle down to me and we will bring it out with us,, either before 27/28th November or first week in December if that is OK.. :thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Ant&Debs,,,, been in touch with Paul,, all sorted,, he is going to bring a replacement axle down to me and we will bring it out with us,, either before 27/28th November or first week in December if that is OK.. :thumb:

That's wonderful and exactly what FUN is all about!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago

Thanks, we dont plan on going anywhere:ROFLMAO:

Ant & Debs

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
You`ll have to think of another theme tune,, this one wont suit you.. :winky:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9XYGIifXEE&feature=related[/ame]

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Well we are there already!
Got in about 6'ish after a 400 miler from Salamanca and are on plot 147. Bit of a trial actualy getting to the plot, there are quite a few trees on the way. Think we saw A&D's 5er but will find out tomorow I guess.
Site seems OK but the a lot of trees blocking the sun?
JK

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Got in about 6'ish after a 400 miler from Salamanca and are on plot 147. Bit of a trial actualy getting to the plot, there are quite a few trees on the way. Think we saw A&D's 5er but will find out tomorow I guess.
JK

Glad you got there safe and sound! :Smile:

Pitch 147? Are you near Maureen and Michael in their caravan?

Yes there are a few trees in the way when you're driving in!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We've seen plenty of HUGE vans on the site and watched them get in and out -patience is the keyword! It can be done! :thumb:

As for the trees blocking the sun - well it is in a pine forest!!
There is always plenty of room to move your chairs around if necessary!:Smile:

How long are you staying?

We should be there about 31st!

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
JK

Hi

Glad you arrived safe. We were going to go on 147 but with only 3 wheels on Unit thought we would give a miss and opted for Plot 3 which we just managed and only then by reversing in.

Catch up with you tomorrow.

Ant&Debs

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllll Looks like we will be there sometime around mid January for a couple of weeks sun soaking ::bigsmile:
Going to drive down from Dunkirk .. Looks like we will be leaving here on the 15th so hopefully will be there about the 18th ish

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Welllll Looks like we will be there sometime around mid January for a couple of weeks sun soaking ::bigsmile:
Going to drive down from Dunkirk .. Looks like we will be leaving here on the 15th so hopefully will be there about the 18th ish

Brilliant! We'll look forward to you arriving!:thumb::thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
JK

That is what it looked like on Google. Are there many pitches that are in the open facing South?

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Spain

It time to get serious on this one folks.

Our glorious leader Dame Penelope Pitstop OBE MBE BSc MA and Bar has declared this

THE MEET OF MEETS

No other meet in the History of FUN has attempted and offered SO MUCH.

The campsite is: http://www.campingpinarsanjose.com/

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...23046&t=h&z=16

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...,42.33,,0,9.47

€300 buys you A Whole Month of pitch, electricity, Wifi, UK TV and fabulous facilities. Partly designed by Dame Pitstop herself, allegedly when sober.

The site is family owned and run and they have listened to all PP's suggestions for attracting FUN people there in their quiet season. Hence the UK TV, lounge and hopefully the steamroom/sauna will be ready when we get there. The usual facilities, good supermarket, washers etc are established, the outdoor pool might be a bit empty. Dame PP has personally trained the owners to treat the British in the manner to which we are accustomed. She constantly reminds them that Trafalgar is a short walk from the campsite and that we British are not to be trifled with.

The position is about as far south as you can get without swimming so it's our best shot at a warm cheap winter.

To get there, go south.

The hilldwellers and Dame PP are booked on the Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander ferry. Then it's about 700 miles to the campsite. This ferry looks expensive at first glance, but it's very close to the real cost of Calais and the three or four day hike down France in the winter. It cuts out over 800 miles each way.

We are thinking of a longer way round for the return in 2011, into Portugal ( 100 miles ), up Portugal then across Green Spain on the old Santiago de Compostela pilgrims route back to Santander.

Any more information needed post here. If it's of an "adult" nature the PM Dame PP personally and she will no doubt be able to offer suggestions for your special needs.

The hilldwellers leave on Dec 15th, if anyone wants to tag along, speak up, it worked for The Italian Job.

Anyone wanting to go earlier the they may be able to follow Dame PP, at a suitable distance of course.

Hi Brian
Which Ferry Company are they using to Santander please?
Gaudie

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
It time to get serious on this one folks.

Our glorious leader Dame Penelope Pitstop OBE MBE BSc MA and Bar has declared this

THE MEET OF MEETS

No other meet in the History of FUN has attempted and offered SO MUCH.

The campsite is: http://www.campingpinarsanjose.com/

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...23046&t=h&z=16

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...,42.33,,0,9.47

€300 buys you A Whole Month of pitch, electricity, Wifi, UK TV and fabulous facilities. Partly designed by Dame Pitstop herself, allegedly when sober.

The site is family owned and run and they have listened to all PP's suggestions for attracting FUN people there in their quiet season. Hence the UK TV, lounge and hopefully the steamroom/sauna will be ready when we get there. The usual facilities, good supermarket, washers etc are established, the outdoor pool might be a bit empty. Dame PP has personally trained the owners to treat the British in the manner to which we are accustomed. She constantly reminds them that Trafalgar is a short walk from the campsite and that we British are not to be trifled with.

The position is about as far south as you can get without swimming so it's our best shot at a warm cheap winter.

To get there, go south.

The hilldwellers and Dame PP are booked on the Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander ferry. Then it's about 700 miles to the campsite. This ferry looks expensive at first glance, but it's very close to the real cost of Calais and the three or four day hike down France in the winter. It cuts out over 800 miles each way.

We are thinking of a longer way round for the return in 2011, into Portugal ( 100 miles ), up Portugal then across Green Spain on the old Santiago de Compostela pilgrims route back to Santander.

Any more information needed post here. If it's of an "adult" nature the PM Dame PP personally and she will no doubt be able to offer suggestions for your special needs.

The hilldwellers leave on Dec 15th, if anyone wants to tag along, speak up, it worked for The Italian Job.

Anyone wanting to go earlier the they may be able to follow Dame PP, at a suitable distance of course.

Hi Brian
I posted a question to you regarding Spain, along with many others to other people but do not get replies, which may mean I am looking in the wrong place.
Where should I look for replies please?
Another question, if you don't mind, 'How do I find out who is going to Spain and how do I them?
Your help would be appreciated.
Gaudie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back