The Spanish Job - Final Planning (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It time to get serious on this one folks.

Our glorious leader Dame Penelope Pitstop OBE MBE BSc MA and Bar has declared this

THE MEET OF MEETS

No other meet in the History of FUN has attempted and offered SO MUCH.

The campsite is: http://www.campingpinarsanjose.com/

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...23046&t=h&z=16

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...,42.33,,0,9.47

€300 buys you A Whole Month of pitch, electricity, Wifi, UK TV and fabulous facilities. Partly designed by Dame Pitstop herself, allegedly when sober.

The site is family owned and run and they have listened to all PP's suggestions for attracting FUN people there in their quiet season. Hence the UK TV, lounge and hopefully the steamroom/sauna will be ready when we get there. The usual facilities, good supermarket, washers etc are established, the outdoor pool might be a bit empty. Dame PP has personally trained the owners to treat the British in the manner to which we are accustomed. She constantly reminds them that Trafalgar is a short walk from the campsite and that we British are not to be trifled with.

The position is about as far south as you can get without swimming so it's our best shot at a warm cheap winter.

To get there, go south.

The hilldwellers and Dame PP are booked on the Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander ferry. Then it's about 700 miles to the campsite. This ferry looks expensive at first glance, but it's very close to the real cost of Calais and the three or four day hike down France in the winter. It cuts out over 800 miles each way.

We are thinking of a longer way round for the return in 2011, into Portugal ( 100 miles ), up Portugal then across Green Spain on the old Santiago de Compostela pilgrims route back to Santander.

Any more information needed post here. If it's of an "adult" nature the PM Dame PP personally and she will no doubt be able to offer suggestions for your special needs.

The hilldwellers leave on Dec 15th, if anyone wants to tag along, speak up, it worked for The Italian Job.

Anyone wanting to go earlier the they may be able to follow Dame PP, at a suitable distance of course.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Our glorious leader Dame Penelope Pitstop OBE MBE BSc MA and Bar has declared this

Bar? - BAR? who's going to carry that? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I've bought another caravan that means I will be there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
How do I disappear for a month without Graham and Emily realising I've gone on holiday without them? :RollEyes:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How do I disappear for a month without Graham and Emily realising I've gone on holiday without them? :RollEyes:

Cunning. That's what you need, cunning.

"I'm just nipping down to the supermarket, they've been promising cheap ????? for days now and I hear ????? has arrived."

Then a month later "The swines, ????? sold out immediately so they said 'hang on, another shipment in a minute', so I waited, and waited".

The thing is to look convincing. Politicians do it all the time.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've bought another caravan that means I will be there.

Caravan is a good plan. Better than a MH for these long stop events. You'll be very popular when it's time for some distant shopping.

Nowt wrong with Spanish medics, but is your foot up to it ?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
wow, It is not often heard or said but this is the one time when I think to myself I wish I was 24 years Older :cry:

I know you guys are going to have such a great time and I really truly do wish you all the best.

It would be so nice to go and spend a warm winter with those that over the years, through a motorhome forum have become our friends. It seems like a really good deal and well worth it. I know im younger than many of you guys, but if your reading this thread and thinking about it, don't, don't think about it a moment longer just do it. Many will throw object after object in the way, the grandchildren, the house, the dog the cat or mum or dad. Every object in your way if you are retired or even semi retired can be over come. Even a sabbatical will do, and believe me if my children were not at school, and I had not spent the day packing up my desk and getting ready for uni I would be taking that sabbatical myself....
So I know all that will go will be great company, and create memories to hold so Have fun...

PS-
Only thing I dont believe is the bit you put about PP being sober and discussing it with the site, more like she hammered a great deal out whilst getting the poor owners pissed on Rex's Whiskey :winky:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Meeting up with funsters

Myself and my wife dropped into Sanjose last year while PP was there but being a bit shy it was only on our last day we made ourselves known.
As it is likely to be the closest meet we will ever get to we will certainly make the effort to get down again this year and put faces to names, we look forward to seeing you, Trev and Sue:Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Caravan is a good plan. Better than a MH for these long stop events. You'll be very popular when it's time for some distant shopping.

Nowt wrong with Spanish medics, but is your foot up to it ?

It's not been a great year so need a break like this. Toes is healing OK
but my balance can be slightly iffy.

Attachments

• garden 2nd sept 10 016.jpg
    garden 2nd sept 10 016.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
wow, It is not often heard or said but this is the one time when I think to myself I wish I was 24 years Older :cry:

That has to be the most stupid thing you've ever said. Trust me !

No ! 24 minutes would be stupid. 24 years, that does not compute.

Anyway, with the run of luck you've been having you're not going to make another 24 years.

It would be all the better if you and Nikki were there, maybe next year after you are edukated. You could look up cheap flights to Jerez :winky:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Myself and my wife dropped into Sanjose last year while PP was there but being a bit shy it was only on our last day we made ourselves known.
Trev and Sue:Smile:

That's terrible.

The only way you can recover your whole life is join us and say hello on day one.

We don't bite, well not hard, sort of playful like. Like a big Great Dane that will be there. That will be Bruno, like a donkey with a small head. Usually seen carrying his teddy bear.

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
bruno V donkeys

As i work at a donkey sanctuary Bruno wont worry us (might even have to bring a couple of giant Andulucians along as competition)lol:roflmto:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
We are leaving on 15th to travel to pinar san Jose Portsmouth to Santander. Arriving there for 1st October:Smile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

THE MEET OF MEETS

€300 buys you A Whole Month of pitch, electricity, Wifi, UK TV and fabulous facilities. Partly designed by Dame Pitstop herself, allegedly when sober.

The site is family owned and run and they have listened to all PP's suggestions for attracting FUN people there in their quiet season. Hence the UK TV, lounge and hopefully the steamroom/sauna will be ready when we get there. The usual facilities, good supermarket, washers etc are established, the outdoor pool might be a bit empty. Dame PP has personally trained the owners to treat the British in the manner to which we are accustomed. She constantly reminds them that Trafalgar is a short walk from the campsite and that we British are not to be trifled with.

The hilldwellers and Dame PP are booked on the Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander ferry. Then it's about 700 miles to the campsite. This ferry looks expensive at first glance, but it's very close to the real cost of Calais and the three or four day hike down France in the winter. It cuts out over 800 miles each way.

Any more information needed post here. If it's of an "adult" nature the PM Dame PP personally and she will no doubt be able to offer suggestions for your special needs.

Anyone wanting to go earlier the they may be able to follow Dame PP, at a suitable distance of course.

Hilldweller!!!! I WILL get my revenge!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though it would be great if a load of FUNsters came along!

Word of warning though - if you like Benidorm et al with the Brit bars etc you won't like Zahora!! It's VERY Spanish! :winky:

It's quiet and peaceful and friendly. :Smile:

Any questions ask on here or PM me!:thumb:

We'll be there, hopefully, from end Oct to sometime in April.

Looking forward to seeing lots of FUNsters there!:thumb::thumb::thumb:​

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Ah Well !!!!

How I wish that I could join you ! However, after my short holiday in the frozen north of Caledonia I am back in bricks and mortar for the winter in a caring mode once again !
I also have my final pacemaker check in January which should be a breeze ( all the others were ok ! ) And should my friend be stabilised and comfortable I hope to have a few weeks off at Easter to visit France once again.
By the way PP, if you bump into Joy (Movan) at Shepton, could you give her my T shirt as I hope to meet up with her on my back darn souf !! The shirt must have some tales to tell ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :thanks:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Oh really? I doubt it if Penelope Pitstop is around, Rex perhaps but not Marie:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a great time.:thumb:

Phil

I was just thinking the same with womens gaggle and wine by the box:Doh::RollEyes:

:ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO: :roflmto:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
PP coming to Shepton? Is she no one warned me, ok forwarned is for armed, I will have to take the wine safe.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
By the way PP, if you bump into Joy (Movan) at Shepton, could you give her my T shirt as I hope to meet up with her on my back darn souf !! The shirt must have some tales to tell ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :thanks:

Sorry Steve won't be going to any more meets this year - got too many other things to do before our escape! I saw Joy a week last Friday at Ambleside - pity I didn't know then that you would see her!!:Doh:
PM me your address and I'll post your well travelled t-shirt to you! It's done around 2,500 miles since it got back to UK!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh really? I doubt it if Penelope Pitstop is around, Rex perhaps but not Marie:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Phil

Hey Phil! I'm the quiet one!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PP coming to Shepton? Is she no one warned me, ok forwarned is for armed, I will have to take the wine safe.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't worry Roger,you're safe, we're not doing Shepton! Give Frankie a big hug from us please! :Smile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I'll give it a go :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'll give it a go :ROFLMAO:

Excellent.

Any dates in mind, just in case it might help any first timers in here. The usual deal is "I'll show you the way there and it's up to you to find your own way back". That we we don't lose the chance of doing our own thing.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Are Dogs allowed?

I may well head on down that way once I've been to my 'Gig' in Austria. Don't fancy spending too much time there in November.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Are Dogs allowed?

I may well head on down that way once I've been to my 'Gig' in Austria. Don't fancy spending too much time there in November.

Shown in price list at €2.

Maybe Dame Pistop will throw more light on this.

There's a Great Dane already due to appear, I guess your little things could be a useful diet supplement.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Shown in price list at €2.

Maybe Dame Pistop will throw more light on this.

There's a Great Dane already due to appear, I guess your little things could be a useful diet supplement.

Hmm? Well they do come in different weights - 1.65, 4.6 and 6.8kg so something to suit most palates. They recently reduced my friends 2 Great Danes to quivering wrecks so it could be the other way around ::bigsmile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Are Dogs allowed?

Yes dogs are allowed and I'm not aware of anyone being charged for them during the winter!:Smile:

Would be GREAT if you joined us! :thumb::thumb:

Who are you going to see in Austria?​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back