The Sloes are ready, gin time again.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
CI Mizar garage
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have picked up some gin at just over 6 Euros a L for a friend. for her sloe bramble or whatever gin, got a bottle for myself for making rhubarb gin next year.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009
I’ve got a big bag of sloes in the freezer . I must make some this year .
Would it be ready for Xmas if I did it tomorrow? Anyone know ?
Thanks

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I have two bottles laid down last year, hope to start drinking them next year. If I can leave one of them another two years it should taste really good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Several years living in a very basic campervan in the 70's
I’ve got a big bag of sloes in the freezer . I must make some this year .
Would it be ready for Xmas if I did it tomorrow? Anyone know ?
Thanks
I would say yes. I did some about 10 days ago as I had difficulty finding any this year. I slit my sloes right down one side with a knife when doing it this late rather than poking them with a skewer or the like, makes it drinkable much faster. Mine already tastes quite strongly of sloes, just went to test it for you :D2

Last year I had too many sloes and had run out of gin but had half a bottle of cooking brandy so used that instead and it was very nice, as good if not better than gin.

Even better was using blackcurrants in brandy, really scrummy, as were the soaked blackcurrants after straining that I mixed into melted dark chocolate :giggle:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
He'll have to be patient Kate, this is next year's batch. Might have a drop of damson vodka ready for the new year though.:)
Hi,Mike and Pauline you do know that this is how Thomas Shelby started out ,hang on he was from the Midlands as well :cheers: Peaky Blinders roight.

OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Where are you located as we picked sloes a month ago and what is left are starting to shrivel up.
We are in North Wales.
Already got 2 kilners on the go as well as damson.
We're located in Peaky Blinder land as mike mcglynn says. Traditionally Sloes were picked in late autumn and ours were ripe and ready to go. Hope you enjoy yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers