The secret is now out! (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
From reading the posts I thought it re calibrates each time, yet I then read it does not as Jim suggests keeping the ones for the front separate if removed???? now I am lost.

But then some say that is normal..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some Buttons you not only do 99 mpg but have wooden wheels... great .. my RV has wings..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

That confused me at first too but on re-reading I think he was referring to the other make of cheaper sensors.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
OK so I like this, I have thought about other types and been put off by unreliability, the possibility of damage and the tyre going down, theft, cost of the wireless type.

My only thought is..............

How do I ensure my tyres are at the correct pressure? :Confused:

I would need to have a good (expensive?) tyre pressure gauge suitably calibrated, cold tyres, a pump/compressor. Would it matter if I was using a cheap compressor (the type you plug into your cigar lighter) which will deliver warm or possibly hot air?

A thought, would it be worth offering a fitting service at a show? Tyres pumped and checked before fitting and calibrating these beauties?
How about a real good quality pressure gauge for sale on the web site Jim? That might be a solution for me.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
From reading the posts I thought it re calibrates each time, yet I then read it does not as Jim suggests keeping the ones for the front separate if removed???? now I am lost.

But then some say that is normal..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some Buttons you not only do 99 mpg but have wooden wheels... great .. my RV has wings..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:
Bob, page 8, post #62

Because this system re-calibrates every time you screw it on, it is OK to take them off. using the other caps, you'd have to remember which cap came from the front and rear etc as they are calibrated just once the first time they are screwed on.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
After reading some of the posts it would appear that people will be giving total reliance on this flashing red light for their tyre safety.

I think what you are selling is just a minor aid or gadget not an all encompassing tyre safety monitor, for to rely totally on an ingenious electronic sensor that is spinning and vibrating at a rate of knots in a wet and salty environment would not be wise.

Without unlocking it, and taking it off how else can you be confident that it is operating correctly. How do you know that replacing it in the dark and inclement conditions has not damager it, you won’t know until the next removal. How do they react to a leaky tyre valve, or cross threading.

It does nothing for a sudden loss if air and in my view you would still be wise to inspect your tyres regularly not just look for a red light. Also check your tyre pressure periodically as described in the hand book, but with the added inconvenience of having to unlock each dust cap.

Should one or more not be operating correctly then how would the insurers react if you were making a claim through a tyre problem after total reliance on these gadgets, I suspect not favourably.

Personally I will continue to make regular visual inspections and check the pressure regularly. I wish you luck with your venture, but sorry they are not for me.

Please someone buy Buttons some Vinegar then he will not keep pissing on everyones chips:ROFLMAO:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
No the wooden ones are fine, apart from the splinters. My gripe is with the other half's car. She doesn't have a clue so it is left to me, but I always put an extra couple of Bar in to allow for the high temperature. Not sure what a bar is but it feels about right. I must check them when they are cold to make sure 2 bar extra is enough on a hot tyre.:thumb:
:Eeek:1 bar is about 14.5 psi an extra 28psi is probably about doubling normal pressure of car tyres:Doh:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
:Eeek:1 bar is about 14.5 psi an extra 28psi is probably about doubling normal pressure of car tyres:Doh:
no worry's buddy! buttons is fully aware what a bar is? he was just fishing for a response,from me and did'nt get one:Doh:he's an engine ear.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
After reading some of the posts it would appear that people will be giving total reliance on this flashing red light for their tyre safety.

I think what you are selling is just a minor aid or gadget not an all encompassing tyre safety monitor, for to rely totally on an ingenious electronic sensor that is spinning and vibrating at a rate of knots in a wet and salty environment would not be wise.

Without unlocking it, and taking it off how else can you be confident that it is operating correctly. How do you know that replacing it in the dark and inclement conditions has not damager it, you won’t know until the next removal. How do they react to a leaky tyre valve, or cross threading.

It does nothing for a sudden loss if air and in my view you would still be wise to inspect your tyres regularly not just look for a red light. Also check your tyre pressure periodically as described in the hand book, but with the added inconvenience of having to unlock each dust cap.

Should one or more not be operating correctly then how would the insurers react if you were making a claim through a tyre problem after total reliance on these gadgets, I suspect not favourably.

Personally I will continue to make regular visual inspections and check the pressure regularly. I wish you luck with your venture, but sorry they are not for me.

A minor aid maybe, total reliance maybe......but at some point in 2012 our ruling masters have decreed that ALL new cars must have these devices fitted, by law.

this will probably have the effect of most of the population will now check their tyre pressures regularly...even if it means using a 'minor aid'

many thouands of motorists out there wouldn't know an airline if it sprayed them with sh**, never mind how to use one.

at least this device will give them a fighting chance to keep their tyres properly inflated...even if it means a trip to a garage to have the pressure adjusted..

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Please someone buy Buttons some Vinegar then [HI]he will not keep pissing on everyones chips[/HI]:ROFLMAO:

...............We did, he pi**ed in the vinegar and passed it around...........:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I wonder who is supplying all the UK car manufacturers with their new tyre caps as required by this latest law???

JJ :Cool:

Jj,
I doubt very much that they will be air caps.
Many cars already offer tyre pressure monortoring via dashboard warning lights.
The same technology was developed for F1 several years ago. Like most things from F1 it's now found its way to the average motorcar.

When, my numbers come up, Ill get one of your people to meet with one of my people and transport my [HI][STRIKE]car [/STRIKE][/HI] luxury vehicle out to you and the princess for a [STRIKE]look [/STRIKE] drool over it. :thumb:
Of course it wont be as fashionable as the Wagon:thumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, the rate when the site goes live will be £34.99 Otherwise at shows and to funsters anytime they will be £29.99

Just when you thought you'd finished all the tweaking!
Is there a way to add a button on the page to buy at the funster rate?

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back