LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Re book club ... has anyone read The Red Tent by Anita Daimant please?

Your opinion before I start trying to track it down would be appreciated. Thank you.

@SueTayBon

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just a bit of trivia, in case you are interested about the "red tent"
not the book!
Gengis Khan when he besieged a city , once surrounded, he erected a WHITE TENT this told the people inside the besieged city that if they surrendered that day, no one would be killed, the city was safe.
On the second day he erected a RED TENT, this told the people inside that all males would be killed and the women and children would be sold into slavery.
On the third day, he would erect a BLACK TENT, this told the people inside the besieged City they would ALL die!

Just a bit of trivia :drinks:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
I read it and found it interesting....a change from all the misery tales and grisly sexual vilification and murder of women. Currently reading Pilgrim which is quite a gripping spy/terrorist thriller.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I read it and found it interesting....a change from all the misery tales and grisly sexual vilification and murder of women. Currently reading Pilgrim which is quite a gripping spy/terrorist thriller.

Who is the author of Pilgrim, please?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Re book club ... has anyone read The Red Tent by Anita Daimant please?

You say you are depressed. Your head is inside a fictional world. Earlier this year, reading a series of David Baldacci books, which are quite violent, I realised I was sleeping badly. The plots churning in my brain all night. So I've stopped and sleeping much better. Could this be a factor for you ?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not heard of it either Joy and I read a lot, think you need something cheerful, have you read the cat who came in from the cold? James Longdon (I think), always makes me at least smile and often lol, was asked not to read it in company as my laughter was annoying others.
@movan

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You say you are depressed. Your head is inside a fictional world. Earlier this year, reading a series of David Baldacci books, which are quite violent, I realised I was sleeping badly. The plots churning in my brain all night. So I've stopped and sleeping much better. Could this be a factor for you ?

Thanks Brian. Yes, they do give me dreams when I manage to sleep.... but is REAL life and the world that churn around inside my head ... :( .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back