Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
Just been told about here The Quiet Site, my stepdaughter and fiancée have just spent a few days there and said it was amazing and it certainly looks lovely and l don't think to expensive. Doe's anyone have any comments on the place as we may go there be a nice few days away :Smile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
is it camping with a hint of liberty visualise some old spinster with glasses going around finger over lip sssssssssssssssss :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, we went about 18 months ago and enjoyed it. We were able to pay with Camping Cheques. :thumb:

It's built on a slope, but plenty of level/terraced hardstanding.

Good views and I recall SWMBO was impressed by a 'private bathroom, with a bath!'

Short drive on fairly narrow road to access, but OK if taken slowly with care.

Enjoy. :thumb:

Mike

OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes it is the Ullswater site and yes expensive but the odd bit of luxury is permitted l recon :Smile:

Many thanks for the positive comments will make sure we are careful the road was my biggest worry regards width but others have done it so a few hail Mary and mumbo jumbo and we could do it :ROFLMAO:

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Sorry to spoil the nice reviews, but the views are okay if you have binoculars, expensive and not that brilliant. Couple of decent walks from the site. Take food and drink as no bus service and shop very pricey

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
And Camping Cheques (£14.95) are valid until 17 July and again from 7 September. :thumb:

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/united-kingdom/cumbria/the-quiet-site-c703.html

PS - If you have a credit card that is not loaded for using in € Euros, then you can buy the cheques from for €16 euro ie £12.80 sterling! Works a treat if you have a silver or gold camping cheque card, because it's all done electronically - so no physical pieces of paper. There is an admin charge, but there is if you buy the cheques in the UK too.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well dont have camping cheques was thinking of being able to use it as a base and going off on the bikes? Can take binoculars ::bigsmile:
Joking apart the more info the better was thinking of being just an overnighter to get us out for a weekend we live near Manchester so go first thing spend night come back next afternoon.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have been, very sloping site quite a bit of noise there, would not call it particularly special, we have not been back.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We liked it but thought it was pricy. Nice location, also has it's own dog friendly bar. Nice facilities:Smile:

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Been there a few times myself like it has been said you have access to a private bathroom the bar is a old converted barn with a big open fire just a nice place to sit and chat or read. was very impressed with the site. likewise right next door there is a site called the cove which was very good, run by a old chap who would jump on his bicycle to lead the way to your pitch.

Both where very nice at the time (might be different now been a few years) they did not allow large same sex groups so a bit more peacefull

Last edited:

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Regarding the pricing it is stated at http://www.thequietsite.co.uk/tariff I particulary liked the £3 reduction for Pensiners per pitch and the £3 reduction for No car, which I take to mean a motorhome only.
It also mentions "Fully serviced pitches with 16amp EHU, fresh & grey water (water available March-October) available extra cost per night = £5.00 per pitch". For those who want that extra 6amps and their own water supply.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Regarding the pricing it is stated at http://www.thequietsite.co.uk/tariff I particulary liked the £3 reduction for Pensiners per pitch and the[HI] £3 reduction for No car, which I take to mean a motorhome only.[/HI]
It also mentions "Fully serviced pitches with 16amp EHU, fresh & grey water (water available March-October) available extra cost per night = £5.00 per pitch". For those who want that extra 6amps and their own water supply.

May be wrong, but I think that would be someone camping without a car.. ie hiker or cyclist ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back